Third Floor Corridor ~ Y3

The next morning I get dressed and leave my hair down and flowy. I join the boys in the Great Hall and we get our schedules. We groan when we learn we have to take Divination.

The first day goes by smoothly I hear people still talking about our great feather fiasco from last year. Oliver finds us and tells us that next week they are hosting tryouts for a new seeker since ours was a 7th year and left.

At lunch, I sit next to Hermione, and Ron and Harry are across from me.

"Can I borrow this? Thanks," Harry asks Ron. I watch as Harry opens the Daily Prophet and starts to read it. "Hey, somebody broke into Gringotts, listen. Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid, Jordan, and I went to," Harry says looking at me. I frown.

~

"Harry James Potter!" I yell sprinting down the corridor. Ron and Harry turn around. "Wood just told me. Did you make the team?" I pant. He nods his head.

"That's amazing, but how? Tryouts are supposed to be next week," I explain.

"Harry chased Malfoy in the air when he stole something of Nevilles. McGonagall saw and put him on the team," Ron explains.

"Hey, well done, Harry, Wood's just told us!" Fred says as he and his twin join us.

"Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters," Ron explains.

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch," George laughs.

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." Fred yells as they break off from the group.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" George finishes.

"Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too!" Ron says. Hermione jumps up and joins us.

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry sighs.

"You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood," Hermione says. We frown and she leads us down the corridor to a trophy case and points.

"Whoa. Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too," Ron says. A golden badge is sitting on the case with our father's name.

"I didn't know," he says.

"Me neither," I say.

~

After dinner, me, Cedric, and the twins spent some time in the library. They all left for bed but I stayed a little while longer. I eventually got too tired and decided that it was time for bed. I packed up my things and climbed the moving staircase. I look down to see Harry Ron and Hermione running into a corridor. I decided to follow them and soon realized it was the 3rd floor.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden," Hermione says.

"What are you three doing?" I ask stepping into the corridor.

"We got lost," Harry says. We turn to leave but see Mrs. Norris.

"It's Filch's cat!" Ron says.

"Hide," I say.

I follow them deeper into the corridor until we come across a door.

"Quick! Let's hide though that door!" Harry says. He tries to open it but it's locked. "It's locked."

"That's it, we're done for," Ron says dramatically.

"Oh move over!" Hermione exclaims shoving them to the side. She points her wand at the door. "Alohamora!" She pulls open the door and we pile inside and shut it.

"Filch is gone," Hermione says.

"Probably thinks this door's locked," Ron says.

"And for good reason," I hear Harry say. I turn around to see a large dog with three heads wake up and stand.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" We all scream as the dog begins to bark. I open the door and we rush out and try to shut the door. Once it's shut I lock it and I lead the trio out of the corridor and towards the common room.

" What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school," Ron says once we enter the common room.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione asks us as if it was obvious.

"No actually I was a bit busy looking at its heads," I say.

" It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something," Hermione explains.

"Guarding something?" Harry asks.

"That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled!" Hermione says as she walks into her room.

"She needs to sort out her priorities," Ron sighs. Harry nods and I laugh and give Ron a high-five. I then order them to go to bed and stay in bed.

~

A few days later Harry informs me that Wood is taking him out to the pitch to teach him about quidditch. I would go, but me and the boys have a charms essay to write. From what Harry tells me, it went really well.

We start having practices and Harry is surprisingly really good. Every time we schrimage and release the snitch, he catches it within 5 minutes. Wood is esatic and nearly cires everytime he does.

~

Me and Rolf have gotten a little closer. We spend a lot of time together in the library. Whenever our hands accidentally touch, we both blush and look away.