The Sorcerers Stone ~ Y3

I follow the trio over to a door and we open it.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these," Hermione says.

"They're not birds, they're keys. And I'll bet one of them fits that door," Harry says pointing to a door on the other side of the room. We look over and notice a broom.

"What's this all about?" Hermione says looking at the broom.

"I don't know. Strange," Harry says. I follow Ron to the door and he pulls out his wand.

"Alohamora," he says. He tries to open the door. Nothing. "It was worth a try."

"Ugh! What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!" Hermione groans.

"We're looking for a big old-fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle."

"There! I see it! The one with the broken wing!" Harry says pointing up. We spot a key with a broken wing.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I say looking at him. He sighs.

"It's too simple," he replies looking at the broom.

"Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! You're the youngest Seeker in a century!" Ron says.

"Ron's right Harry," I say. Harry nods and grabs the broom. All the keys suddenly go one direction, right at Harry. He climbs on, swiping at them.

"This complicates things a bit," Ron says.

"You think?" I roll my eyes. Harry pushes off into the air. He flies off, after the key. The others follow him. Harry grabs the key. 

"Catch it!" Harry yells at us. He zooms by and throws the key to me. I catch it and head for the lock while Harry distracts the other keys. I unlock the door and hold it open while Ron and Hermione rush inside. I shut the door just as Harry flies in. We can hear the keys slam up against the door. Harry sighs and sets the broom down. I give him a quick and gentle hug and we continue down the dark hallway.

We enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all," Hermione says walking close to me. I grab her hand a squeeze it.

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry asks looking around.

"This is no graveyard. It's a chessboard," Ron says as he walks out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and GIANT players. We walk up beside him.

"There's the door," Harry says pointing to yet another door across the room. We start to walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as we reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. We jump and back up.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asks worriedly.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle.  Jordan and I will be knights," Ron says. We take our position and me and Ron climb up the knights.

"What happens now?" Hermione asks.

"Well, white moves first, and then...we play." A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studies the game.

" Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" I ask.

"You there! D-5!" Ron orders. We watch in anticipation. A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its sword and smashes the black one. We jump back. "Yes, Jordan I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess," Ron says with wide eyes.