Bloody Bludger ~ Y4

"Bowtruckle," I say to the Griffin statue. Its wings unfold and the spiraling stairs start to move. I step in and wait as it takes me up.

I gently knock on the door at the top and watch as it opens for me. I step into the gleaming room.

"Hello Jordan," Dumbledore greets me. He's standing at his desk. Professor McGonagall is also present.

"Uh, I can come back," I say.

"No need, please, what can I help you with?"

"Well, I searched the library and found nothing on ... on the chamber of secrets. And I was wondering if I might ask you," I say. Dumbledore looks at McGonagall and nods his head.

"You might want to sit down, Miss Potter," she says. I walk over to a chair and sit down. Dumbledore does the same.

"Very well. You know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. According to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns," I say.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found."

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

"The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home... to a monster."

I slowly nod as I take in all the new information. "And you really think someone's opened it?"

"We believe so Miss Potter," Dumbledore says standing up. I do the same.

"Um, thank you, Professor," I say walking towards the door.

"Jordan."

I turn to the Headmaster.

"Is there anything you wish to tell me?"

I hesitate, then shake my head.

"Very well," he says, eyes twinkling. I nod and leave the room.

''''

The crowd roars, watching as Slytherin Chasers, bent low over their new brooms, jet past the overmatched Gryffindors.

"Another goal for Slytherin! They lead Gryffindor 90 to 30."

I fly past a Slytherin chaser a grab the quaffle.

"Potter grabs the quaffle from Clifton, oh she better make this shot, or Griffindors in trouble."

I dodge the chaser and beaters and race toward the goalposts. I fake out the Keeper and throw the ball into the left goalpost.

"And Griffindor scores! Wait, what's happening with Potter?"

I turn and watch as Harry soars through the air, Malfoy at his shoulder, I frown as I watch a bludger chase violently after them.

"Oi Jordan," Wood yells at me. "Pay attention, come on."

The Slytherins' superior brooms were clearly doing their jobs, and meanwhile, the mad Bludger was doing all it could to knock Harry out of the air. Fred and George were now flying so close to him on either side that Harry could see nothing at all except their flailing arms and had no chance to look for the Snitch, let alone catch it.