Diagon Alley ~ Y2

Dumbledore's note scared me, but I can't do anything about it. I just figured that we would communicate more once school starts.

The boys and I played Quidditch for hours. Cedric told us he is going to try out for seeker on Hufflepuff. We all practiced on each other and hoped we all got on the team.

~

With only 5 days left until we leave for school, we decided to go to Diagon Alley to get our stuff. We used Floo Powder to travel. I stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a handful of the green magic dust. I threw it on the ground and yelled "Diagon Alley." Flames went up around me and I felt myself lad on a cold hard ground. I looked up to see The twins extending their hands toward me.

"Thanks," I say.

"Anytime," they say in unison. A few moments later Cedric appeared and we helped him up. We all traveled to Gringotts. While the Weasleys and Cedric went to their vaults, I went to mine. I only grabbed the needed amount.

Once we got our money, we all went to the shops and started shopping. We ran into a few friends and said hi. 

After a few hours, we head back to the burrow. Molly makes us dinner and we all enjoy it around the table. That night I sat on the couch and started reading my books while Cedric and Fred played Chess. George just watched.

~

The next few days me and the boys messed around, played some hilarious pranks on Percy, and played a lot of Quidditch.

Finally, the time came for us to leave for Hogwarts. I packed my bag with all of my belongings. We all load into 2 cars. One of which Mr. Weasley had to rent. I get squished between George and the door. Throughout the car ride, George just plays with my hair and ends up putting knots in it.

Once at the train station, we unload or luggage and find trolleys. Fred and George start ramming their trolleys into each other and Mrs. Weasley scolds them louding receiving strange and judging looks from others.

We reach the wall between platforms 9 and 10.

"Jordan, you first," Mrs. Weasley says. I take a deep breath and start running while pushing my cart. I open my eyes to revel the bright red train. I smile and move out of the way for the others.

One by one the Weasleys and Cedric emerge from the wall. Percy leds everyone through the crowd to the back of the train. A Hufflepuff boy helps me unload the luggage from my trolley. 

"Fred, George," Mrs. Weasley says. The twins turn to face their mother.

"I don't want any nasty reports that you two have blown up the castle or something. I want you on your best behavior," she says looking at them both.

"Oh Mum don't worry," Fred says with a sneaky smile.

"Fred I mean it," She says back.

"I'll keep an eye on them," I say to Mrs. Weasley. She smiles and pulls me into a hug. I pull back and thank her for the summer.

"Anytime dear. You are always welcome. And if you want, you are more than welcome to stay at the Burrow for Christmas," she says.

"Thank you. I'll have to think on that."

I turn and hug Mr.Weasley and also thank him. I turn to Ginny and hug the little girl.

"Will I see you next summer?" She asks me.

"Of course." I pull back and turn to Ron. He hugs me. I smile at him.

Me and Cedric watch as the Weasleys say goodbye to each other. Fred and George run on to the train and me Ced follow. We find a small empty compartment and sit down. George is next me with Fred and Cedric across from us. I pull out a book and begin to read. The train pulls out of the station and we look out the window to see the weasley family. I wave to Ron and Ginny and the two eagerly wave back to me.

~

The train ride was pretty uneventful. I read a book and the twins and Cedric played some games and messed around. At one point a Ravenclaw prefect came in and asked them to be quiet. The twins didn't say anything and Cedric apologized for them. I sat their rolling my eyes at them trying not to laugh. Cedric took the prefect seriously, but did Fred and George?

No.

The second the prefect closed the door Fred and George started messing around again but this time even louder.

We decided to put on our robes since we were about to arrive at Hogwarts. We were all dressed and when the train came to a stop we basically ran onto the platform running into a bunch of confused 1st years.

Cedric found us an empty carriage and we pilled inside. I watched the strange creatures I had met before last term ended. Rain began to pour down. Poor first years. The carriage took up to the castle. We were led up the stairs until we reached the familiar door to the great hall. Students filled the room and found seats. We waved to Cedric as he found a spot at his table. I sat next to Fred and Percy and we waited.

After a while the doors opened to reveal McGonagall and a bunch of terrified first years. I watched as each one of them were sorted into their houses. I clapped loudly for all the new Gryffindors. 

While a small boy was being sorted, my eyes met with Dumbledore's. He gave me a small nod and looked away. I turned my head to find Snape, but he wasn't there. Disappointed that I didn't see my favorite teacher, I turned to continue watching the sorting. After all the students were sorted, Dumbledore stood up, waved his hand and the food appeared.

Chicken, steak, pies, fish and every thing you could ever imagine appeared right in front of us. We all started to dig in. I filled my plate with everything I could reach.

No one talked for a while since we were all busy stuffing our faces. I introduced myself to some of the new first years sitting next to us. They seemed relieved that someone was talking to them. I explained the Ghosts to them when one girl screamed as Sir Nick's head appeared on her plate.

One boy named Cormac McLaggen was very shocked when I told him my name. He started asking me questions that I refused to answer. He asked about Harry and I told him he would come to Hogwarts next year. I took a minute thinking about Harry. How much I wish I could see him. One more year.

Dumbledore made his usual announcements and then sent us all off to bed. I didn't see Cedric so I followed Fred and George to our common room. Me and Angelina began talking and catching up. Once we made it to our common room I said goodnight to Fred and George as they followed Lee Jordan, another Gryffindor in our year, up the stairs. Me, Angelina and Katie unpacked our stuff and began getting ready for bed. I got into bed and and closed my eyes as I began drifting off to sleep.