Harry's Sorting ~ Y3

Changed into our robes, we step out of the train when we enter the station. I see Harry and Ron find Hagrid, and I follow the boys into a carriage. Rolf joins us. We talk as we are taken up to the castle.

We find seats in the great hall. I'm sitting next to George and Fred is across from us. I leave the seat on the other side next to me empty for Harry, if he gets sorted into Griffindor. We wait.

McGonagall enters the hall with the first years following behind. I spot Harry and he is looking around the hall in wonder.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

Dumbledor stands up and speaks. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

Me and the twins look at each other with excitement.

" When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." The bushy-haired girl walks up to the stool and sits down. McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head.

"Gryffindor!" We cheer and clap with the other Gryffindors as she skips over to us and sits next to Fred.

"Draco Malfoy." A blonde-haired boy steps up to the stool and sits down. Before the hat even touches his head it shouts "Slytherin!" The boy smirks and sits down with the cheering Slytherins.

A girl is sorted into Hufflepuff and then Ron is called up. He looks nervous as the hat is placed on his head.

"Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... Gryffindor!!" Ron sighs and runs over to us. I cheer loudly with the Weasleys as he joins us.

"Harry Potter." The goes silent. Harry steps up to the stool and sits down. The hat starts to speak.

"Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you? Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No? Well, if you're sure... better be... GRYFFINDOR!!"

The Gryffindors start cheering and we stand up. He walks over and sits down next to me as he starts to shake hands.

"We got both Potters!" The twins chant. Harry turns to Dumbledore and he raises his glass at me and Harry. We smile and watch the rest of the sorting. 

McGonagall takes the stool away after the last student gets sorted. Dumbledore stands up.

"Let the feast, begin." The food appears all down the table. Harry and Ron stare in shock and start filling their plates.

"Hey Jordan," Harry says.

"Yeah?"

"Who's that Professor talking to Quirrel?" he asks. I look to see Snape.

"Oh that's Professor Snape," I say.

"What does he teach?"

"Potions, but he wants to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts," I explain. He nods slowly and goes back to eating.

The ghosts start to appear and fill the room. Nearly Headless Nick comes and scares poor Ron half to death.

"Hello! Welcome to Gryffindor!"

"Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?" Percy asks the ghost.

"Dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied," he replies as he starts to float away.

"I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!" Ron says. The ghost turns around.

"I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind."

"Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermione asks (The bushy-haired girl)

"Like this," Nick says. He pulls the top of his head to the side, almost pulling it off. I laugh as Ron and Harry stare, mortified. Nick rolls his eyes and floats away.

~

Percy is a prefect this year (yay) and he leaves early with the first years to show them to the common room. After a while, Dumbledore lets the rest of us go. I walk with Rolf and Cedric until they have to go the other way. I give both of them a hug and I catch up to the Gryffindors.

I catch up with Katie and Angelina as we unpack and get ready for bed. I lay down, and let my eyes close.