Nicolas Flamel ~ Y3

Christmas is over and I'm in the common finishing my homework. The portrait door opens and the trio runs inside breathless.

"Jordan we found him!" Harry says.

"Found who?"

"Nicolas Flamel!" The trio says together. Hermione hands me a book and I start reading the page.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!" I read.

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Harry says. I nod and lean back, taking it all in.

"We have to see Hagrid," Ron says.

"Uh, not tonight you guys aren't," I say.

" Yes, we are. You can come with us or stay behind. Your choice," Harry says. I sigh and look at the trio. I roll my eyes.

"Fine," I say. They smile and throw the cloak over me. By some miracle, we can all fit.

We slowly make our way towards Hagrids but. I lift my arm out and knock on the door.

Hagrid opens the door and we take the cloak off.

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today," he says closing the door.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" We yell. Hagrid opens the door and frowns with a "oh." 

He let's us inside and we sit around his table.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it," Harry explains.

"They do, not me," I say.

"Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?"

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!"

"What?"

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today," he says.

"Wait a minute. One of the teachers?" I ask.

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments." Hermione says.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that," Hagrid groans. I giggle watching Ron as Fang starts to sniff his face.

"Oh!" Hagrid is by the stove and takes out what looks like an egg and sets it on the table.  A dragon egg.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asks.

"That? It's a ... its um..."

"I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" Ron asks the giant.

"I won it. Off a stranger, I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact."

The egg rattles and cracks open as pieces fly off; a small baby dragon emerges. It squeaks and slips on an egg piece.

" Is that...a dragon?" Hermione asks.

"That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania."