Owls and The Burrow ~ Y2

Within the first month of being home, I had received 104 letters from Fred, George and Cedric combined. I had sent about 35 letters to each one of them. Poor Thalia was so tired, I had to ask to borrow our neighbor's owl. They were an old couple with their children all grown up, so they didn't mind.

I spent a lot of summer studying. I had asked Professor McGonnagal if I was allowed to take books home, she said no but every week since then, she has spent me three new books to read. 

I also continued to study Quidditch. I planned to try out for Chaser in my second year. Susan and Tom had a broomstick, so I was able to practice using that. I missed my friends. I didn't have any friends before Hogwarts.

Me and Hagrid were also exchanging letters. He was telling me about the interesting creatures in the forest that he found and he said he would like my help taming some of them when I get back.

It was a Monday afternoon. I was sitting on my bed re-reading A History of Magic. I was wearing some shorts and my Griffindor sweater. I hear a noise and look up to see a brown owl at my window. I open the window and the owl swoops in, drops the letter on my bed, and flies away. I frown picking up the letter. All it said was Miss J. Potter. I open the letter and begin reading.

Dear Miss Potter,

I understand that with my requirements for you to stay at home, I have ruined your original plan of trying to find Harry. I understand that you wish to see him and you worry endlessly about him. In one year, his eyes will be opened to our world and I would like your help with that. You are so young and are still learning about our world, but I want to you to tell me if you ever feel anything that may be affecting your magical abilities. I hope you are enjoying your summer.

Sincerely, Albus Dumbledore

I sigh as I finish reading the letter. Yes, I had been planning on tracking down Harry. I wanted to see him, let him know who I was.

I set the letter down and lay on my bed. I eventually fall asleep.

~

It's now August 1st. Today is the day that Mr. Weasley is picking me up and taking me too the Burrow where I'm going to spend the rest of the summer. Cedric is on vacation with Amos and will be back in 2 weeks. Cedric will join us at the Burrow before term starts.

It's only 9:00 am and Mr. Weasley will be getting me 1:00. I check that all my stuff is packed including my invisibility cloak and The Marauders Map. While I wait, I help Susan move some furniture around because she is getting a new couch. I sit down on the new couch with The Tales Beetle the Bard. I bought it re read the Tale of the Three brother.

At exactly one 1:00, there is a knock on the door. I run over and open it reaveling Mr.Weasley and Charlie.

"Hi Jordan," Charlie says as we hug.

"Hi Charlie. I missed you so much," I say pulling away.

"Me too. I think the boys might have missed you more," he says laughing. I laugh too and greet Mr. Weasley.

"Thank you for doing this Mr. Wealsey," I say.

"Oh anytime dear'' he says. Tom helps Mr. Wealsey and Charlie load my truck and over stuff into the little blue car. I say goodbye to Tom and Susan and promise to write them. I get into the backseat of the car and fasten my seat belt.

On the way to the burrow, Mr. Weasley starts ranting about muggle items. I zone out for a little while. Eventually we come down a long dirt road and a tall house comes into view.

"Home sweet home," Mr. Weasley says.

"I love it," I say.

I jump out and start grabbing my stuff but Mr. Weasley just waves his wand and they float in the house.

"Molly, we're back!" Mr. Weasley yells. Mrs. Weasley comes running into the lounge and gives me a big but gentle hug.

"Oh we're so glad to see you Jordan," she says.

"Thank you so much for having me. It's all I could think about for the past 3 weeks," I say.

"The boys are in the backyard playing Quidditch," She says. I nod and walk back outside.

I see Percy with the quaffle in his hand and Bill is chasing him. The twins are close behind. I look to the left and see the youngest Weasley brother hovering in the air trying to keep his balance.

"Oi! Fred, George! Get you arse down here," I yell. I see them turn to look at me and I wave. They race each other down and run up to me. I throw myself into Fred's arms and he spins me around.

"I can't believe your back! We missed you so much," he says as he sets me down.

"Okay I have a great idea for this year," George says giving me a hug.

"Tell me all about it when I get a chance to relax," I say. They laugh. Percy comes over and gives me a small, polite hug.

"Good to see you again Jordan," he says.

"Yeah," I say awkwardly. I see the youngest brother come down and walk over to us.

"This is Ron, our youngest brother. His first year is next year," Fred says. Ron just gawps at me. He turns to the twins.

"I though you were making it up when you said your best friends with THE Jordan Potter," he says.

"Ron, why would we lie about it," George asks with a grin. Ron rolls his eyes and walks over to me.

"I'm Ron Weasley," he says.

"Hi Ron, it's nice to meet you," I say. He holds out his hand but instead I pull him into a hug. I can feel him tense up at first, but then he relaxes. I let go and turn to the twins. I put one arm over George and the other over Fred. They place their hands on my waist and we walk inside.