1

a/n: some angst and tears up ahead.

"Again."

Smack.

"Again."

Smack.

"Hinata! Focus!"

SMACK.

The ball that Hinata Shoyo was training with suddenly disinflates when he spikes it slightly harder than usual. Mina's eyes land on the poor volleyball before she turns to Shoyo. "Good job. Go change." And so he does. He heads to the changing room where he sees some of his teammates.

"Sho. I heard that sound. Seems like you've killed another ball." Minho says with a playful smile on his face. Hinata takes off his shirt showing his smooth skin that was slightly dusted with some freckles as well as the significant amount of muscle he had gained in the last few years. Thinking back, he had definitely grown in many ways. Sadly, he had only grown slightly in height. "Yeah. I got a little worked up." not minding Minho clearly drooling over the muscles, another teammate, Minhyun, speaks up, "You should really try to fix that Sho. This is the 7th ball this month. 5th one this week." Hinata could only give him a tired smile before changing.

"I'll get going." Hinata said as he was leaving the gym of his college. After hours of training, he just wanted to sleep for a while. "But Sho~" arms wrapped around his waist and he looked behind him to see Leon giving him a cheeky smile with his chin on his shoulder. "What is it, hyung?" hearing the term leave Hinata's lips, Leon, Minho and Daehyun, who were the only ones left in the gym besides Hinata, all flushed.

"We were going to go karaoke. You wanna come?" Leon spoke with the same suggestive voice as before. Hinata saw both Minho and Daehyun have hopeful eyes. "I'm really tired guys." there was a small hint of a whine in Hinata's voice. The males picked up on it which led to a train of thought they all tried to turn away from. For now at least. "Please Sho? You have only been training lately. We've been worried." Daehyun said reminding them all of the last 5 days which consisted of Hinata spiking ball after ball nonstop.

Now he had to give in. "Okay. Let's go." smiles bloomed on all three faces which made Hinata smile aswell and even if it was small, it made their hearts warm.

•••

It had been an hour of karaoke and Minho and Leon were already a little tipsy. Daehyun could only slightly roll his eyes here and there while Hinata looked at them with a smile as they kept on shouting their lungs out.

Daehyun requested they take a break for a few minutes and they reluctantly agreed only after Hinata agreed aswell. "Sho~" Leon was once again clinging onto him as both Minho and Daehyun shoot him displeased looks. "Hmm?" "What's going on?" this took Hinata by surprise. Minho and Daehyun perked up at this. They all knew what Leon meant. He was asking about the clear agitation Hinata had displayed the last 5 days.

A small look of sadness flashed through Hinata that they all took notice of. This worried them. The last time Hinata had that look was back when he had first left Japan. They can never erase that broken look from their memories. "I'll be going back to Japan." they could almost hear their hearts break. Tears almost immediately pooled into both Minho's and Leon's eyes. Hinata panicked and pulled them both into a hug that they both cried into. Daehyun wasn't any different but he was able to contain his tears.

"W-why?" Minho cried into Hinata's chest. "My grandma's sick, hyung. She has her days counted and me and my family want to spend her last days with her." this just broke their hearts even more. Although Hinata rather not remember his life in Japan, there was one thing that he always took pleasure in sharing, his family. He was specially fond of his grandma. She was so kind to him his entire life and was a second mother to him.

"So y-you're leaving us? *hic*" Hinata almost wanted to cry with them. "I'm sorry hyung." The crying fest seemed to be neverending specially now that Daehyun was also crying and joined the hug which then made Hinata finally break and also cry. He really didn't want to leave them. They became his world and leaving them would break him a second time.

"We-We can call eachother oft-often." Hinata tried to reassure them whatever way possible. "But-But it won't be the same!" Leon cried as he just took tighter hold on his waist. "We w-won't be able to see you everyday!" the amount of tears in that room was enough to fill an ocean of sorrow. If anyone were to come in and see such scene they would've thought someone had died.

"I'm so sorry." it was a whisper, but the three of them heard it.

•••

"Shoyo. You have all your things?" Hinata's mom called out and he gave his now empty room one last sad smile before closing the door. "Yeah mom." his mom could see the look of sadness paltered all over his face. She really didn't want him to go through this. Not again but they had to go.

They both looked at their house one last time before leaving and closing the door, locking it. Hinata turned around and saw something that completely destroyed him. His team.

"Wha...What are you doing here?" it was almost as if he couldn't believe they were here. Some of them had tears in their eyes that they held back, others were just sad and then Minho and Leon were just sobbing a river. "We're here to say goodbye." his team captain said and then, they all tackled him into a hug. The tears many were containing were now freely soaking their cheeks and the sobs they wanted to let out now were ringing in Hinata's ears.

God was he going to miss them.

"We love you Sho!"

"Don't forget to call and text us all the time!"

"If you ever come back, which I'm sure you will, please return to our team!"

"We'll miss you."

Hearing all their words and feeling their warmth, Hianta began to cry too. This just intensified the already emotional feel surrounding them. Just like the last crying fest, this one also felt neverending but it did eventually stop. Hianta bid them his last goodbyes and then, hopped in his car and left to the airport. However, through the mirrors he could see his team was still there waving their hands with smiles of sadness. His heart was truly breaking this time.

Some time passed and they were now at the airport, ready to leave to Japan. Hianta was now in the plane with his eyes closed taking deep breaths. He really hated this.

"Nii-chan." Natsu touched his arm and he looked at her. "Are you going to be okay?" honestly speaking, he didn't know. He wished he would be. He decided to smile at her "Yeah. I will."

And they took off.

a/n: future warning; you might hate some characters