7

a/n: shorter chapter up ahead. again, angst. beware.

"Kenma? Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay to you?"

A few of them were currently at the cafe. Kenma was dragged by Kuroo first thing in the morning. They were now surrounded by Suga, who asked if he was okay, by Kageyama and Osamu. Osamu was usually one to not really hang out with them. He liked to stay in his own space, away from everyone. But it seemed he had an...issue he wanted to discuss with the rest.

"I'm worried about Atsumu." the other four looked at him. This was strange. They knew how Osamu was never one to show anything other than...disdain?...for Atsumu. Yes they were brothers or whatever but it was rare for them to see him worried for his twin. "What's wrong with him?" Kuroo asked and then Osamu sighed "He heard about Hinata." They all tensed up.

Everyone in the group was pretty much spread into different colleges. Kageyama, Oikawa, Ushijima, Tsukkishima and Lev all went to the one Hinata was also attending while Atsumu and Osamu were in a completely different one. Their college was the furthest so the two almost never met up with the rest. They intentionally didn't tell Atsumu about Hinata. They did tell Osamu but only for precaution.

They never found out what happened between Atsumu and Hinata that night they fought. They really didn't want to find out. After all, they were right outside the locker room when Hinata left running with basically a sea pouring from his eyes. Not long after, Atsumu went after him but Hinata was fast, he wasn't able to catch up. That night was also the night everyone found out about how the rumors, were all lies. Everything is still engraved in everyone's heads. All of it.

"How...How did he take it?" Suga asked this time. They all waited for his answer. "He became delusional." "What do you mean?" "He started talking about wanting to go and see him. Beg for forgiveness, a bunch of nonsense." one thing was known to all of them, Atsumu had the least chance of forgiveness among all of them. Kenma scoffed. "That won't end well for him. Dumbass." Osamu narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms "Yeah. It seems like it didn't go well for you either Kozume. Or you." Kageyama tensed up. "Osamu." Suga was warning him. He didn't know what happened to either of them but he knows that once they both spoke to Hinata, they've looked even worse than usual.

"Atsumu...he won't ever forgive him." they all knew Kageyama's words were the future if Atsumu actually tried to go to Hinata. He was in for a rude awakening.

•••

"Tsumu. I'm home." Osamu heard no response. He quickly got worried. Knowing his dumbass of a brother, he might have just actually gone and try to talk to Hinata. He couldn't let that happen. He dropped his keys on the counter and ran to his brother's room. He tried opening it but it was locked.

"Tsumu! Open the door!"

No response.

"Atsumu! Open the damn door!" Osamu was now screaming. He pounded on the door and a few seconds later, the door finally opened. "Samu-" "What the hell Tsumu! You have any idea how worried I was-" Osamu cut himself off once he took a good look at Atsumu's state. His eyes were bloodshot and hair was messy, his cheeks had tear stains. He looked horrible. "Atsumu...what the hell..."

Atsumu's eyes started to quickly fill with tears that were on the verge of rolling down. "It hurts Samu...my heart hurts so much..." Atsumu's voice felt broken and held a tone that Osamu hadn't heard in a long time. No. This was worse. "Tsumu. What's going on?" "I hate myself. So so so much." Atsumu suddenly dropped on his knees with his palms covering his face. "I...I hurt him so much. I did that..."

Osamu himself never found out what Atsumu did. He remembers that night well just like everyone else. One thing in particular he remembers is how Atsumu had never looked so broken before. He remembers how he cried for hours while repeating how everything was his fault. How he should've never done that to him. At first he didn't know who that 'him' was but then he connected the dots. He was talking about Hinata. He tried for days to try and get Atsumu to tell him. He gave up soon after he had no results. After a while, Atsumu calmed down. He still had nightmares every now and then and even cried sometimes at night. He couldn't even drink because when he did he only cried about how much he missed Hinata. He became a mess.

"Tsumu..." all Osamu could do now was comfort him. He bent down and hugged him tighter than he ever has.

•••

"Mom! Natsu! Nana! I'm going to get some chocolate. Need anything?"

"I'll have an iced coffee nii-chan! Mom said she doesn't want anything and Nana said she wants a mini muffin." with that, Hinata left his house towards the cafe that was near. His Nana had told him that she really liked it there because of their mini muffins. She can't eat a lot sugar so those muffins were the best option for her.

With a happy tune hanging from his lips, he walked his way towards the cafe. It was small and cozy. He opened the door and the bell rang. He walked his way towards the small line. Once again feeling the stares of some of the people that were there. He stayed in line for a few moments, scrolling through his phone and texting Minho before it was his turn to order. "What can I get you?" Hinata shot his head up from his conversation with Minho. Tsukkishima was standing in front of him with his classic smug smile.

"Well, hi there."

a/n: okay so I was brainstorming some ways to end this, (not that's its ending yet but I'm just preparing) and I came up with an evil idea but it'll definitely be pretty angsty and some of yall might hate me afterwards so I'm not so sure yet. also, I do plan on adding Minho, Daehyun and Leon to the mix and I already have a scenario for the three of them to meet our Japan harem. I'm meaning on adding sakusa soon in the next few chapters.