12

a/n: lmao we're back with the angst.
it isn't big [as in how much of the chapter it takes but it is somewhat intense].

The remaining of the week flew by. And fast. Same routine as always, it was peaceful. It was now Sunday and Hinata would meet the team that was visiting tomorrow. He was pretty excited, even if it wasn't his old team. "Night mom, Natsu, Nana." his family bid him goodnight and he left to his room and laid on his bed.

Where his dreams were waiting for him.

"...you."

Hinata looked around him to see he was in...no. He couldn't be here. He didn't want to be here. His breath got ragged and he frantically looked everywhere to finally meet brown eyes. Eyes that he hated. Eyes that he loathed and that always lied to him.

"Stay away." it was a whisper but Hinata managed to get it out even through his clearly terrified state and his uneven breaths. The eyes got closer. "Stay away." this time it was louder. "Stay away." and louder. "Stay away!" and even louder.

"STAY AWAY!" now he was screaming.

"But I love you..."

And he woke up.

Just like his last nightmares, he shot up in cold sweat with scared eyes, heavy breath and a heavy heart. He tightly gripped his sheets before bursting out crying. In agony. His cries were a broken melody that he had sang out way too many times. This state was too familiar for him and yet gave him a state of nostalgia. He hated it.

He curled himself into a weeping ball that was filled with sorrow. He hadn't had such nightmares in a long time. He thought he was free but clearly, he isn't. He didn't know why he was seeing those scenes again. Hadn't he been punished enough? Why does he have to go through the same pain? How he hates it.

How he hates him.

•••

"Good morning Hinata!"

Hinata turned around to see Aito waving at him with a huge smile on his face. He smiled back. "Morning Aito. You came early today." "Yeah. I was too excited to meet the mysterious team!" Hinata gave a hum of understanding as they both walked their way towards the gym. They opened the doors to see their coach, no team in sight.

"Oh? You're surprisingly early Aito." Ukai spoke up. "Was too excited. So the team isn't here yet?" their coach shook his head "Not yet. But they'll be here later. Now, get to practice." Hinata and Aito left to change and then started practicing. A while later, the gym was now filled with players. Since everyone was slightly earlier that usual, they decided to start a small game that would end as soon as a set was won. Hinata's team had Kageyama and Tsukkishima.

The memories.

Hinata remained passive. He saw it as a game and nothing else and he wasn't going to let his emotions have the best of him. Kageyama on the other hand, almost had his heart beat out of his chest. One of the most heartbreaking things for him was how he no longer was able to set to Hinata. They had made a promise. To go to the top together. Kageyama as the setter and Hinata as the spiker. But yet, he was unable to set for him for so long. This chance was one in a billion.

The game went on and it was finally Kageyama moment to set and for Hinata to spike. It was so nostalgic for them both. Kageyama was ecstatic and Tsukkishima, Oikawa and Ushijima could hardly wait to hopefully see their famous quick. How badly they wanted to see it. How badly Kageyama wanted to set it. And although Hinata wasn't showing it, he also badly wanted to spike it.

*SMACK*

The sound and image echoed through everyone's minds. Hinata flew. He really flew. And Kageyama had just set the fastest they could ever recall. It was perfection. Harmony. It was sight to be remembered. And that spike, that point, was all that was needed for Hinata's team to win the set and ultimately win the small quick game.

Hinata was puffing and it was silent for a second before erupted sounds of excitement rang out throughout the gym. He was now surrounded by his teammates who had been mesmerized by the sight of him practically flying and spiking a nearly impossible ball. They were really impressed. As Hinata was getting praise after praise, Kageyama was staring at him dreamingly. He had finally set to him again. He couldn't be happier.

Among all this commotion, the new team had arrived. They also witnessed Hinata hit the deciding spike.

"Wow Sho. No wonder I love you so much. You're just too perfect."

Hinata stilled for a second before getting himself out of the circle of people he was currently drowning in. He looked towards his coach who now had a new face, for the rest of the team, next to him. It was Leon. Leon was really standing there. He was actually there. Hinata stood in his spot for a moment before running and leaping onto his then open arms. Hinata buried his face on his neck and wrapped his legs around Leon's waitst.

"You're here. You're really here."

It was faint but Leon heard it. He smiled and tightened his arms. "I'm here." The two were in their own world. Hinata's new team then went near their coach. Aito speaking up first "Psst. Coach. Who's this?" Ukai turned towards them and answered. "Hinata's old teammate. His old team is also the team you were all meeting today." the group nodded in understanding and looked to see the two still hugging, Hinata still in Leon's arms. Of course, Kageyama, Tsukkishima, Oikawa and Ushijima were all as jealous as they can be.

"Yah! Let him go! I was supposed to see him first!"

A new loud voice rang out and everyone turned to see a full on team entering the gym. Leon rolled his eyes as he sat Hinata down. Hinata let out a blinding smile seeing the rest of his friends. He once again ran to hug Minho, who was the one who had previously spoken. Just like he did with Leon, he also leaped into his arms in a crushing hug. Minho quickly hugged him back and had his arms around him. Tightly.

"Gosh Sho. I missed you so damn much." Minho murmured into Hinata's fluffy ginger hair. This caused for Hinata to let out a giggle before agreeing. "I missed you a lot too Min." "I'm so hurt Sho! So you didn't miss me?" Hinata let out a laugh this time. He removed himself from Minho's embrace before facing Leon again who now had a pout on his face. "Of course I missed you too Leo. I missed all of you."

"Well you better or else I'll cry and never leave you alone." Hinata snickered at Minhyun's words before also giving him a hug. "It's good to see you Hyunie." "It's good to see you too Shoyo." then someone gripped Hinata and pulled him towards them. Hinata buried his face in their chest before also greeting them. "Hi Dae." Daehyun had a gentle smile overtake his face. "Hi Shoyo."

While the whole commotion was going on and Hinata greeted more of his old teammates, Mina had gone towards Ukai and his team. She began to introduce herself. "Hello there. We spoke on the phone before. I'm Kang Mina, just call me Mina. I'm the co-coach of the team. It's nice to meet you." Ukai gave a nod back. "Nice to finally meet you. I'm Ukai Keishin. Ukai's fine." Mina gave a hum and the turned to see Hinata greeting and speaking with his old friends.

His happiness was almost blinding. It was a treat for anyone who got to see his face of pure joy.

a/n: we're getting nearer and nearer to the big moment. prepare yourselves. byee.