2

"Sho. Sho. Wake up." Hinata groaned as he opened his eyes to see his mother shaking him awake. "What..." he was dazed from sleeping that he didn't process they had landed. "Shoyo. It's time we get off. We're here." that jolted Hinata awake. He looked around and saw all the passengers grabbing their suitcases and personal items as well as the voice of the flight attendant and the captain. He groaned one last time before standing up and helping his mom and sister with their bags.

A few moments after they had all their luggage and they were ready to leave. "Sho." his mom called out. "Hmm." "You'll be okay." Hinata had now just realized how tense he was. His hands were clenched and jaw was tight. He needs to calm down. He relaxed a bit and the gave his mom a smile. It was a small one but it was enough to reassure his mother and to give a few people a better day.

The car ride to his grandma's house was uneventful. Same trafic as always. Natsu whining here and there about being bored since her phone was dead and of course their mother constantly telling her to keep quiet. He even fell asleep for a bit before arriving at the house.

"Shoyo! Natsu!" Shoyo's and Natsu's grandma welcomed them just as lively as they remembered her to be. "Nana!" Natsu was the first to bolt to her grandma, indulging her in a big hug. Hinata heard them laugh as he took all their luggage from the car with the help of his mom. "Ah, Sho! You've grown so much!" his grandma gave him a beautiful smile and he hugged her. She was so warm it brought a wave of nostalgia all over him.

They settled in and fixed up their rooms. Shoyo was now in his new room putting the last few things in his drawers. A sight left his lips as he fell on his bed. He was exhausted. His thoughts started to drift. Would he see them again? He was obviously going to join a team after all, regardless of where he is, volleyball will always be there. He just hoped that for the time that he is here, his won't have to suffer anything greater than the very possible loss of his grandma. Another sigh left his lips before he fell asleep.

"Sho?" just as he had fallen asleep, the door to his room opened to show his mom. Seeing him asleep, she simply couldn't bring herself to wake up for dinner. Specially knowing the clear emotional stress he was going through. She gave his sleeping figure one last smile before silently closing his door.

•••

"Morning Sho."

"Mm. Morning mom."

Hinata greeted his grandma as he sat down on one of the chairs in the table. He took one of the blueberries that were there and watched as his mom fixed up some type of soup. "Where's Natsu and Nana?" "They're at the market. Apparently mom wanted to buy some fruit. Natsu was going to go alone but they ended up both going." Hinata only gave another hum of understanding. Despite his grandma being clearly sick, she was able to go out. She herself knew she wouldn't last long, she really could only hope for a miracle but since she never knew when her last day was going to be, she always tried to go out as much as possible.

"Mom! We're here!" Natsu's rang out and the sound of the door closing could be heard. They were back from the market. "Oh, morning nii-chan." "Morning. Morning nana." his grandma smiled at him before grabbing his cheeks and kissing them both. Hinata could only chuckle at her affection before kissing the wrinkly hands that were previously on his face.

"Sit down. It's time for breakfast."

The family ate a joyful breakfast before the elder woman spoke up. "Ah right! You guys already enrolled in school right." "Yeah. Nii-chan already got in a college here and I already enrolled into a highschool." Natsu spoke up from her stool as Hinata also agreed as he washed the dishes. "Very well then. When will you start?" this time their mom spoke up, "Natsu will start on Wednesday and Shoyo will start on Monday." It was currently friday which only left Hinata with 3 days for him to relax. He planned on simply staying at home trying to give himself a break he knew he needed.

•••

Hinata's plan kinda worked out. He did stay two days inside until he had to go out on Sunday to grab a few things they had to restock on which was water and the chocolate bars that his grandma liked. That went smoothly. Well other than the slight feeling of people watching him. He always felt like that whenever he was out in public. He wanted to say it was just his imagination but he did quite often found himself locking eyes with people who were already looking at him. Some had red faces and were startled while others would simply walked away. He had the same situations happen to him here again.

It was now monday and he was getting ready to go to his new college. He gave his goodbyes to his family before driving to his new school. He wasn't nervous but he was excited to be able to try for the volleyball team. He had already arranged a meeting with the school and he was told he'd meet the coach at the gym. Unfortunately he won't be able to meet the team since the gym is closed on monday mornings.

He finally arrived and took in the view of the school before getting off his car. People were looking at him. He could feel it. Seriously what is it with him that people always have the need to give him at least one glance? There weren't many around seeing it as it was still early but the stares still bothered him. Trying to not pay attention to people, he walked straight to the gym.

He took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Hinata?"

a/n: gasp. who could it be?!