13

a/n: yo.
sorry it took me so long to update. *kneels and bows* forgive me masters.
*stands up* anyways we got a new cover. I like it. It's simple.
shorter chapter and surprise! no angst. yay. well theres a small mention of it but other than that-
tons of tension tho so...ye.

"Alright!" Ukai clapped his hands to capture the attention of his team. "This is co-coach Kang Mina." He gestures towards Mina who just gives a nod and signals him to continue. "We'll be discussing all the future activities we'll do. For now, introduce yourselves to one another." Both coaches left their respective teams to socialize.

It all started simply. Both teams were slowly but surely interacting. Aito found it easy to get along with the others, especially Minho. They did have similar personalities. Though Minho was a tad more intense. The gym was now filled with friendly conversation and some new blooming friendships.

Oh and the thick tension that was growing by the second as Ushijima and Daehyun were having a staredown. Of course, you couldn't count out the glares Kageyama, Tsukkishima and Oikawa were throwing towards Minho and Leon that were currently hogging Hinata all to themselves. This clearly didn't sit right with them.

The glares were cut off when Aito and Minhyun proposed a match. A simple one and a quick one. Most agreed but Hinata. He gave everyone an apologetic smile before telling them he had to leave practice early. He apparently had to discuss something with one of his professors regarding his score in the class. "Once again I'm really sorry." Hinata apologized once again only to receive some pats on the head and reassure that it was alright. "Don't worry about it Sho. We'll see you later." Hinata gave one last smile before leaving. He felt bad having to leave his friends so early after finally seeing them.

As Hinata left, the other two teams were preparing for the match that was about to take place. Each team got on opposite sides of the net with Leon, Daehyun and Minho's team on the right. To most it was just a friendly match. To a certain group it was a deadly competition. Most seemed to either not notice or simply didn't want part of the silent chaos that was rising. Minhyun of course didn't hide the pure annoyance and roll of the eyes as he saw the childish exchange. He was beginning to seriously pity Shoyo. He had to deal with all this crap.

The game began and right off the bat, it was intense. Oikawa was serving and he made sure to throw one of his most aggressive ones. He was almost sure it was an easy point won. But Leon caught it. Tooru clenched his jaw and fists as Leon gave him a predatory yet smug gaze. The ball went to another player who was ready to spike it before Ushijima blocked it. This went on until Hinata's current team won the first point.

The team was happy to have won the first point. It might be nothing to brag about to most but it was, for some reason, unnecessarily hard to obtain. Even if was just the first few minutes, the opposite team was already showcasing impressive skill. Leon was their current hardest obstacle. They would soon realize the event they would come to experience would simply be too ineffable for them to even believe it was actually real.

The match progressed. Points were obtained, glares were thrown, fist were clenched and teeth were gritted. Both sides were so truculent it was almost suffocating. And they soon arrived at a point. A match point. It was now 23-24 with the right side having the upper hand. The left team huffed out pants before focusing on the game completely. Ready to stop whatever would be thrown at them.

But they simply weren't ready.

Everything happened so fast. Minhyun served, the ball was caught and it was set by Kageyama, ready for Ushijima to spike it. But they blocked it. A series of exchanges happened. It spiked towards the left before Tsukkishima blocked it and just when it felt like they could win a point, somehow, Minhyun had managed to set it. To whom, it was unknown. Three players advanced which included both Leon and Minho. The one who correlated the most was Minho. They were sure it was him. It had to be him. But...

Smack.

Oikawa looked at the now deflated ball with wide eyes. It all happened so fast.

Just when they sure that Minho would be the one to spike it, Daehyun dove forward spiking the ball which looked like it was coming directly at a Oikawa before it somehow curved and hit the very corner. It then proceeded to deflate. Silence fell upon the gym as most were simply too stunned. It all just happened so fast. The silence was soon defeated when claps were heard. Everyone looked at the entrance to see their coaches. Ukai stopped clapping and shoves his hands in his pockets before giving the players a grin.

"What a dog fight."

•••

After the match, both teams went to the locker rooms to change. Of course they were too many so they went in groups. It just so happened that Minho, Leon, Minhyun and Daehyun got stuck with Kageyama, Oikawa, Ushijima and Tsukkishima. Fate has a funny way of working. Right now, all eight of them were cursing fate in a thousand ways. Minhyun was cursing for getting him stuck with the seven hotheads. Though he was also slightly on edge aswell. Seeing it as these were the reason why Hinata had nightmares for a whole month.

Every night.

The air was tense and everyone was high on alert. It felt like a fight would break out or someone would just suddenly pounce and attack like a wild animal. Leon personally didn't mind being that wild animal. Minho and Daehyun didn't feel like attacking but if anything were to happen, they'd make sure they would win. Minyun just wanted to leave. Badly.

"Hyung." Leon called out and both Daehyun and Minhyun turned to him with a raised brow. "Where will we go tomorrow? For our date with Shoyo." he was really ready to be that wild animal. The opposing four tensed up. Tsukkishima hardened his eyes giving a glare towards his direction. Oikawa only looked at him silently while trying to calm his anger. Ushijima clenched his jaw as he changed shirts and Kageyama gritted his teeth and clenched his fists a gave a dangerous gaze towards Leon's direction. It's not like he was showing it but Leon's eyes held a glint. A taunting one. It was pissing the four of them off.

Leon's three friends knew what he was doing. Minho hid his snicker while Minhyun just gave a smirk as he changed his shoes. Daehyun faced him, a similar glint in his eyes before answering his previous question, "I'm not sure. We're not so familiar with this place yet." the shine in Leon's eyes increased. Somehow. He looked behind Minhyun and Daehyun. Looking at them before giving them a clearly fake smile.

"Do you guys have any recommendations?"

Oikawa looked at him with angered eyes. "What?" it came out darkly and deep. They were really getting under his skin. The fake smile on Leon's face grew into an amused smirk perfectly paired with his equally amused eyes. "Any place recommendations? Preferably for a date?" Kageyama harshly slammed his locker before slinging his bag over his shoulder. He turned around, ready to leave.

"Before you go. Do you really not have a place in mind?"

a/n: okay so I have some prompts in mind for my next story. one is angsty. like reallyyyyy ansgty. the other two have supernatural properties. one is angel based and the other is a sweet home au. all for haikyuu. of course. also if you havent yet, watch sweet home. chef's kiss. you guys can pick which one you like best and I might continue them and eventually publish it. though I cant be sure when. they can be hinata harem but only if you want. *checks notes* yep that's about it. c ya.