6

a/n: yes. more angst.

A few weeks have gone by since Hinata returned to Japan. He spent those weeks well. Hinata avoided them and simply focused on college and volleyball. He would call and text his friends all the time. Same scenario happened over and over. He would call Daehyun or Minhyun which would then result in the rest of team ro huddle up and speak to him. Minho and Leon would almost always end up with crocodile tears as they weep about how much they miss him. He missed them a lot too. A lot.

He was getting along with most of his new team other than the certain individuals. Just like any other day he was at the gym for afternoon practice. He was glad to say he has improved, even if it had only been a week. He was really happy that although this was a new team and a somewhat new coach, he was still growing.

"Hinata!" Hinata turned around and saw some of his teammates standing there. "We're going out to eat. Wanna come?" he almost did but..."Sorry guys. I want to practice some more." even if his new team has only known him for a few weeks they already new one thing; he was a volleyball freak.

"Well okay then." and they left. Hinata kept on self setting, he would spike the ball on the wall and then repeat the process over and over. He was so immersed in his world he didn't notice someone was watching him, leaning on the door of the gym with a smile on his face as he watched him. He probably wouldn't have noticed him if it weren't for the arms that wrapped around his waist.

"Shoyo, you've definitely improved."

Hinata came to halt. He was frozen in his place and was unable to catch the ball that was now bouncing away. Arms were on his waist and a chin was on his shoulder. He knew who it was. That voice, was one he would recognize anywhere. "Kenma..." it a whisper and a held a tone of disbelief. "I'm really happy to hear you say my name again." he tightened his arms. "I really missed you you know." Kenma closed his eyes, basking in the warmth that was natural on Hinata's body.

But...

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Kenma's eyes shot open hearing what Hinata just said. He really couldn't believe his ears. Hinata removed the arms that were around his waist and turned around to look at Kenma. "What..." Hinata narrowed his eyes. "I said, what the hell do you think you're doing" Kenma was frozen in his place. This wasn't the Hinata he remembered. He now understood what probably happened when the other 4 morons had their chance, Hinata probably said something just as cold as what he said to him just now. Dammit.

"Shoyo-" "It seems like you're misunderstanding something." Hinata walked to his training bag and slung it on his shoulder before returning to his spot in front of Kenma, this time a little closer. "Wh-What misunderstanding?" he was almost scared of asking, no, he was really scared of asking. Hinata slightly leaned in, "I currently have no intention to speak to you, or to the rooster that's currently hiding behind the door." Kenma really didn't know how his eyes could widened even more. "How did you-" he couldn't finish his sentence because Hinata walked passed him, towards the gym door, leaving.

"Chibi..." Hinata halted and turned his hair to see Kuroo with a regretful expression. "Did you hear what I said in there?" Kuroo nodded "Good. Then you know I won't speak to you either."

•••

"Are you okay?"

Hinata was currently speaking with Daehyun through his phone. It was one of the rare times in which Daehyun was alone without the team. "Yeah. I'm okay-" "No you're not." Daehyun cut Hinata off. He could tell he wasn't okay. Hianta had a habit of zoning off when something was bothering him and in their current phone call, he has zoned off a few times.

"What happened?" Hinata sighed knowing he couldn't lie to him. "I saw them again." Hinata didn't know but Daehyun's grip on his phone had tightened and he was now clenching his jaw. "You did?" "Mhm. I...spoke to them twice now. With Kageyama, Kenma and Kuroo." a silence enveloped them "How're you feeling?" Hinata let out a sigh and fell deeper into his bed "I'm okay, I think." Daehyun had a hard time but he decided to believe him. Their conversation drifted off into other subjects such as how the team was doing and were now reminiscing some of their memories. Eventually, they hung up.

Then Hinata started to cry.

He kept on telling himself how he would be okay to see them again. He kept on reassuring himself that no matter how many times he sees them or remembers them he won't break. He was now breaking. He started to break the moment he stepped in Japan and a crack formed the moment he heard Kageyama's name coming from his coach's mouth. God he was in the same team as some of them, in the same college! He was breaking badly.

This is how Hinata spent the rest of his night, being a sobbing mess as his heart's old wounds were slowly reopening.

•••

As Hinata was crying, someone else was trying not to cry his heart out. "Kenma, are you okay?" Kuroo had been trying to speak to Kenma since Hinata left the gym. Little to say, he wasn't succeeding. They were now in Kenma's room, Kenma on his bed, unmoving, Kuroo on the edge of the bed, worried. He knew Kenma took Hinata's words hard. How couldn't he? To him Hinata was more than just an old friend he wanted to get back. He was someone he loved, adored. He was everything to him.

"Kenma-" "Get out." Kuroo's eyes widened "What?" "Kuroo," Kenma ran his hands through his hair and face "please...get out." he really didn't want to. He really didn't want to leave his bestfriend. But he knew he had to. "Okay." like that, Kuroo left Kenma's room, leaving him alone. And now Kenma broke down. He was really trying to control his sobs but he couldn't. His heart hurt so much.

Memories flashed through his mind. Memories of him and Hinata. Memories of the times Hinata would sneak at night, calling him and talking to him for the entire night. Times of when Hinata would excitedly go to him everytime he saw him. All the times he tried his best to keep up with him when they played a new game.

Kenma recalled the words he said to Oikawa and alsmot wanted to scoff. Yes, he was the only one who listened to him. Or at least tried to but he still left him. He still left the only person that understood him. The only person that he would smile the brightest for. The only person he loved.

He wasn't any better than Kageyama who stopped playing and talking with Hinata. He wasn't any better than Tsukkishima who belittled Hinata. He wasn't any better than Oikawa who refused to listen to him. He wasn't any better than Ushijima who wouldn't even look at him, even when he cried. He sure as hell wasn't any better than Atsumu. The one who broke Hinata the most. He felt like a hypocrite. He was a hypocrite.

a/n: the ones kenma just mentioned are the only once in the romantic harem so far and are the ones who liked hinata but then later betrayed him. I'm thinking of adding Sakusa but if I do he wont be one of the assholes. Daehyun, Minho and Leon are kind of in the harem but that still in development.