5

a/n: shorter chapter up ahead. some angst too so beware.

"What...What just happened?" Oikawa was dazed. He has just witness one of the most innocent people he's ever met, coldly leave. He almost wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't for the fact that he was there to witness the whole thing. "Hinata, he just left with clear intentions of not wanting to speak with us." Tsukkishima and Oikawa scowled at what Ushijima just said. Kageyama was just...there. Standing, not moving a muscle since Hinata left.

"Tobio...are you okay?" although Oikawa still held a scowl, he was clearly worried for him. He wasn't moving and although all four of them were shaken hearing what Hinata said, Kageyama had heard his words directly. He obviously took it harder than the rest. "Oi! King-" "I'm leaving." Kageyama cut off Kei and opened the door to the gym, leaving. The men that were left behind could only sigh and worry slightly.

Kageyama felt like shit.

He hasn't felt this bad since he found out that he misjudged Hinata and pushed him to leave the country. He hasn't felt this bad since he found out that Hinata hadn't been...sleeping around like how people told him he was. He hasn't felt this bad since Hinata looked at him one last time with tears staining his face before boarding that damn plane! Goddamit, he hasn't felt this fucking bad since he lost the love of his life!

(a/n: I would like to point out that I couldn't find better wording than 'sleeping around' and although it is crude I wanted it to emphasize the kind of light people saw Hinata in. one more thing, as long as you're completely comfortable, theres nothing wrong with being sexually active and remember that no one has the right to judge you for it nor insult you and disrespect you. remember that.)

Kageyama broke down crying. He was in an abandoned park, on his knees with tears trailing down his face. He let broken sobs and sorrow filled cries leave his lips as he recalled all of his memories with the sunshine that practically had him wrapped around his little finger since they had a match in middle school. He remembers their competitive stares, the countless races they had everywhere for everything and anything. The smiles he would beam at him filled with adoration whenever he did something even remotely 'cool'. Hinata was so innocent that he was amazed at the simplest of things. It broke him even further knowing he was one of the many people that took that away from him. That sweet, sometimes naive, innocence.

God. How could he fuck up this badly?

•••

"I'm home." Hinata said loudly as he closed the door of his house. "Nii-chan! Look! Nana was teaching me how to bake the butter cookies I like!" Natsu came to her brother with a messy looking apron and a tray with cookies. Hinata doesn't mean to be rude to her, but they didn't look appetizing. However, seeing her huge smile and eyes that were basically sparkling, he couldn't bring himself to say anything about it. "I'm sure they taste great Natsu." she just gave her brother another toothy grin before running off back to the kitchen, maybe to make more? Hinata hoped it wasn't that.

"How was training dear?" Hinata smiled at his mom before answering. "It was great. I really love being able to play again." his mom just laughed "You're talking as if you haven't played in ages." then came in the argument about how it had only been a few days and then Hinata proceeded on talking about how it felt like an eternity for him. Their jokeful argument was brought to an end when Hinata's grandma announced that dinner was ready.

They ate in harmony with the small arguments here and there. Hinata talked about his day, leaving out the...encounter he had. Natsu spoke about how she wanted to start baking more which made everyone else sweat drop. Her mom then proceeded to try and talk her into another hobby which then caused Natsu to accuse her of not liking her baking. Truth be told. They really didn't like it one bit.

•••

"Where's Kageyama?"

The previous group of men had once again met up again in the same cafe. This time, a little more civilized. "He..." Oikawa sighed but regardless answered Daichi's question, "He had a complication...with Hinata." hearing this, some of the men went stiff and tensed up. Kageyama having complications with Hinata couldn't be a good sign.

"I'm assuming the plan didn't go well." "It went to hell." Tsukkishima said earning a glare from Oikawa. "Yeah. Hate to agree with the fry but he's right." a grim expression overcame the three men that previously heard the harsh words Hinata shoot their way. "Kageyama tried to talk to him but Hinata seemed very determined to not have anything to do with us." everyone sulked hearing Ushijima. This really wasn't how the plan was supposed to go.

"Maybe we didn't pick the right people to go to Shoyo." the three pole tall men glared at Kenma. "Didn't pick the right ones? Who was a better option? You?" Kenma only shrugged, clearly meaning it as a yes. "What's the difference between you and us? He hates all of us equally." this really struck a nerve with the cat-like man. "Please I clearly loved him more! After all...I was the only one who even tried to think about what he said." "What did you say?!" It felt like a fight could break out at any second. Oikawa had now stood up and was only being held back by the hand that Iwaizumi had on his arm. Many others were glaring daggers at Kenma for bringing up such a hurtful thing while others let it get to them and now were slowly drowning in self-loathing.

"Enough. Let's not fight amongst ourselves." slowly, things started to calm down. Oikawa was now seated though he held an incredibly bitter scowl and not that many people were glaring at Kenma. Though many were still lost in their thoughts. They were all snapped out of their own self trance when Kuroo spoke up, "So? Who will go and speak with the chibi next?" Although everyone wanted to, they were all too scared to. What if Hinata rejects their attempt too?

a/n: hey yall.
so I'm gonna be honest, I'm honestly making this up as I go so just bare with me on any small plot holes and things like that. oh and hinata's other friends will make an appearance later on.