15

a/n: veryyyyy long chapter up ahead.
goes in chronological order.
heavy angst. probably the angstiest chapter in the entire book.
basically explains the entire Atsumu and Hinata situation.
warnings: physical abuse and mentions of physical abuse. emotional abuse. dating abuse. not properly eating. depression. slut-shaming and well as slut-calling. manipulation. self-hate. heavy angst.

The day Atsumu found out about his feelings was the day his brain nearly short circuited. He had never had a 'crush' before. He had seen attractive people and sure he thought about a possible future relationship but he had never actually liked someone. He actually never thought he'd ever like someone. People often confessed to him. Some of the prettiest girls, boys and people but he always rejected them. Just because he had thought about future relationships it didn't mean he wanted one or was even ready for one.

All this known, he didn't know what to do now that he was sure he liked Hinata Shoyo. A fast and springy middle blocker from Karasuno, one of the rivaling teams. If he were to ever actually like someone, he had never imagined it to be him. But it seems like cupid had hit him.

And hard.

"Atsumu-san! Set for me!"

Now that he had acknowledged his feelings, he couldn't help the racing heart he got every time he got even in the same room as him. His heart would feel like it was close to ripping out of his chest, his face would heat up along with his ears and he'd always try his very best to not stumble on his words when talking to Hinata. He was down bad and even though it was scary, it was such a refreshing feeling. The feeling of looking forward to talk to someone. To see someone.

•••

"Atsumu-san! Give me your number! Let's hang out again. 'Kay?"

Since then, Atsumu grew close to Hinata. They'd call each other nearly everyday. Text all the time and everyday, Hinata would send him a picture and proceeded to talk about his day. It was a routine and it was a norm for him everyday. His days were now like this; goodmorning text from Hinata, he'd text back. As soon as Hinata's lunch break began they would either text or call. Once their school day was done, Hinata would send him his daily picture and story of the day. Afterwards they'd call eachother and talk for most of their night.

It was so perfect and everyday, Atsumu's feelings would intensify.

•••

One day, Atsumu decided he had enough. He would confess. Whether he'd get rejected or not, he wanted- no, needed to confess. For days, he scrambled around his brain fo find the perfect way to confess to him. Take him out on a small date, maybe go to his house and tell him there, he even thought of simply telling him through text or over a call.

Then it finally happen.

Hinata had invited him to play at a nearby park and he said yes. They had been playing for an hour and it must've been on the gods' plans because Atsumu had a rise of sudden confidence. It was now or never.

"Sho."

"Hmm?"

"...I like you."

If being in the same room as the cute boy made Atsumu feel like nearly having a heart attack, then he was sure he was really going to have one now. Hinata was staying still, saying nothing. Atsumu's nerves were on alert. Just waiting for something. Anything. Then, he felt it.

A hug.

Hinata was now hugging him and...crying?

"Sho. What's wrong?" Atsumu cupped Hinata's face with his hands worriedly watching him cry. "I just-" *hic* "it-it makes me so happy that you l-like me too!" What? "You...You like me too?" Hinata nodded his head and wiped his tears off before giving me a heart-melting smile. Atsumu felt like he was dreaming.