9

a/n: shorter chapter. small but some grandma angst.

After his episode with Tsukkishima, Hinata had relaxing days. Volleyball, school, volleyball, home, repeat. His days were simple and he couldn't be happier. "Hinata! Could you please go to the grocery store? We need butter and bread!" he heard his mom say outside his room. "Yeah! I'll go in a sec!" Hinata stood up from his bed, put on a grey hoodie to go with his black pants and grey shoes and left his room.

"I'll be right back." he grabbed the car and house keys and left his home. He hopped on and turned on the radio to the local news. Something about some celebrities, crimes and a bunch of other stuff. 20 minutes later and he was at the grocery store parking lot. He parked his car plugged in his earbuds and went into the store.

He walked in and went straight to the dairy section. He hummed a small tune as he took the butter container and then proceeded to look for the bread section. Unbeknownst to him, someone had been watching him. No it wasn't a creepy kind of watching, more like a curious one. A few steps away from him, a black-haired man with a mask on was looking at him. He first noticed him when he heard a soft tune that he was sure wasn't the distant music from the store. Then he realized they were both going towards the same aisle.

"You've got to be kidding me." Hinata was now lost.

He had somehow ended up in the toiletry section instead. He really didn't know how. "Shit." he whispered under his breath. "Excuse me? Do you need help?" Hinata flinched hearing the voice. He turned around and met eyes with a taller, dark-haired masked male. "Sorry?" "I asked if you needed help." Hinata made a noise of understanding and then rubbed behind his neck. "Uh, yeah. Do you know where I can find the bread?" "Yeah follow me." the male took the things he was looking for before guiding Hinata towards the bread.

"Here it is." Hinata looked around and realized he was finally seeing some much needed bread. "Thank you..." "Sakusa. Sakusa Kiyoomi." "Thank you Sakusa." Hinata then searched for the specific bread he was looking for before seeing it was at the top shelf. Sakusa noticed this. "I can get it for you." not that he was going to say but this irritated Hinata a little. He wasn't that short!

"No it's okay." afterwards, Sakusa witnessed something he can only describe as impressive. Hinata jumped to get his bread. This usually wouldn't be that impressive if it wasn't for the fact that the shelfs in this particular store were slightly taller than the ones in others. So yes. Sakusa was very impressed. "You can jump." Hinata looked at him with his bread in hand and gave him a smile. "Yeah. I pride myself on it." Sakusa raised a brow "Oh? Why?" "I play volleyball. Being a spiker and not a traditional one at that, I pride myself in jumping as high as I can in order to spike whatever ball I need to."

Sakusa widened his eyes when hearing what he said. He looks to be his age which means he's probably in college and if he's playing then it means he probably played when he was in high school. Hinata is not the tallest right now so that led to Sakusa concluding that he used to be even shorter and was probably a spiker back then too. He definitely was impressive.

"Can I get your number?"

•••

Once Hinata arrived home he put all the things he bought in their place and then proceeded to go his room. "Sho! Dinner will be ready in a bit!" Hinata just gave his mom a hum and left to his room. Like always, he buried himself in the comfort of his bed, wishing to never leave such heaven. A vibration came from his phone and his heaven was interrupted. He muttered a small curse before turning it on and seeing a text.

unknown:
hinata. it's me, sakusa. just wanted you to know this was my number.

Hinata smiled at the text before blushing once he remembered how straightforward the man was when he asked for it. It reminded him of Leon and Minho who both asked for his number in a similar way. Hinata sat up and replied.

me:
oh hey. again, thank you for the help.

sakusa:
don't worry about it. glad I could help.

sakusa:
hope you got home safely.

Hinata smiled brightly at his phone and continued on conversing with Sakusa. They texted until Hinata was called for dinner. "Sho! Come downstairs. Dinners ready!" he heard his Nana call outside his door. "Okay Nana! I'll be there in a bit!" he bid his goodbye text to Sakusa and left his room.

Hinata had a pleasant dinner with his family. Pleasant except for the scare they had when his grandma abruptly dropped her fork and started clutching her chest. Natsu stood up worriedly and immediately went to her side. "Nana! Are you okay?" Hinata and his mom were quick to also go by her side. Her harsh breathing was slowly calming down and then eventually stabilized. Hinata then volunteered to take her to her room. Natsu helped her stand up and Hinata walked her.

He opened the door for her and they both slowly walked in. "Be careful Nana." they took cautious steps towards her bed. Hinata did his best to carefully place his grandma on her bed. "Thank you dear." Hinata gave her a smile and then a saddened look overtook his face. He dropped his head and sniffed. "Oh dear. I'm so sorry for worrying you." his grandma clutched his hand tightly. Hinata silently cried before wiping his tears away and giving him grandma a kiss on her forehead. "Sweet dreams Nana." He closed the door and returned to his mom and sister.

"Nana's asleep."

a/n: probably terrible decision since I'm still not done with this story but I'm brainstorming for any future books. I have some prompts for character x reader as well as a prompt for a bokuaka story. of course, a Hinata harem one as well. not saying I'm publishing any of them just yet but just curious if any of you are interested in reading.