☂ ᏋጀᏖᏒᏗ ᎧᏒᎴᎥᏁᏗᏒᎩ ☂

OPEN UP YOUR EYES

"Because Dad only loved himself

"Because Dad only loved himself."

5 YEARS AGO

Vanya walked across the street. It was daytime, and bit cold. She wore her gray sweater and her green puff jacket. Her violin case strap over her shoulder. She stopped in front of a book store. She looked in the window. There were comics of the tales of the seven extraordinary children on display. But you could never really know what she was really looking at.

'Here goes nothing.' She thought.

She walked inside the door, asking the cashier for the red one-hundred-twenty dollar type writer.

***

Vanya sat at her table and began typing words onto her vanilla colored pages.

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story."

The bell on the typewriter went off, so she pushed the gear back into the starting position.

- Don't know where to run to -

- Don't know where to hide -

It became night, and she was still typing.

- Seen my future comin' -

She even ate her dinner as she typed. Editing her paper with a pencil.

- Like the rising of the tide -

- But I lost you -

Morning would come around, again. She was still at the table typing.

- Lonely woman -

***

Vanya mailed her book to the publishing company.

A woman opened the yellow package, which contained a stack of vanilla colored pages. With the whole story written on the them.

"We were never a real family. We were our father's creation, family in name...

***

Vanya sat on a wooden stool as the photographer took her picture for her autobiography.

"And smile." The man said.