☂ ᏖᏂᏋᏒᏋ ᏗᏒᏋ ᏝᎥᏋᏕ ᎥᏁ ᏖᏂᏋ ᏝᎥᏋ ☂

MY PAST DECIDED TO BITE BACK

"We have to get him to the academy

"We have to get him to the academy. Now."

Five took his last sip of coffee, and threw the cup across the living room. The card board holder separating. "I don't know... yet."

***

Leonard Peabody stood on the second floor, quietly. Listening in on the Hargreeves siblings' conversation.

"But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

Leonard slowly opened the glass pyramid shaped cabinet. Opening it slowly, and pulled out the Reginald Hargreeves figurine.

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know."

***

"Wait, so you just know his name?" Diego stepped forward, with his broken arm. "That's it?"

***

Leonard looked towards downstairs, as he closed the cabinet quietly.

"That's enough."

***

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city."

***

Leonard Peabody continued eavesdropping. They'd find him sooner or later. He couldn't go back to jail. Back to that hellhole. But he needed to help Vanya with her powers. So he could protect himself.

"Well, we just better start looking, then."

***

Thunder rumbled in the sky. Rain poured.

"No, it's my fault." Vanya and Leonard walked quickly down the street. "I just wanted them to be proud of me for once." Cars rocked back and forth. Lampposts bent over like they were melting. "I mean, how-- how could I even presume to be worthy of their attention? Nothing's ever big enough next to their holier-than-thou, weight-of-the-world bullshit. And, and, Y/N, who honestly just decides to walk back into everybody's life, with saying nothing. Nothing at all. And you know, Allison was right. Y/N never cared about me, she never has. She's just as bad as the rest of them!"

"Vanya!"

"What?"

Leonard pointed at the lampposts. She looked down the entire street. Everything was, well, off. Very off. "What the hell is happening?"