☂ ᎩᎧᏬ ᎴᎧᏁ'Ꮦ ☂

I LOST EVERYTHING

"It's okay. You're okay."

Vanya put down her violin, and back to the door. "Hey, I'm feeling kind of hungry. Did you throw away my sandwich?" She asked and heard no reply. "Leonard?" She started to become nervous. Paranoid. The door behind her slammed shut. She gasped. Then she heard thumping. "Leonard?"

It got louder.

And Louder.

AND LOUDER.

Like the beating of a tell-tale heart. Only in this case, nobody felt guilty.

She put her violin down on the couch. "Leonard?" Her tone became frightened.

Through the kitchen.

"Leonard?"

LOUDER.

LOUDER.

Through the dimly lit hallway.

LOUDER.

She pulled on the locked doorknobs. "Leonard!"

LOUDER.

The thumping sounded like multiple gunshots. And it all stopped, when she looked herself in the mirror. And then she remembered.

All over again.

"Where are we?" The little girl asked. Vanya and Reginald, who held her by the shoulder, stood straight and unmoving in the elevator.

"I've made a secret place just for you." He spoke. "None of your siblings get to play here." He looked down at her innocent face. "Would you like to see it?" She nodded her head. But even if she said no, she had no choice.

They reached bottom ground level. The temperature dropped heavily. It was as if the air conditioner was turned on high. The gate in front of them slid open, and they started walking down the tunnel. "Following the events of the previous weeks, we're going to try something new, Number Seven."

"It was an accident." She said, looking up at him.

"I understand." He said softly. He let go of her shoulder and opened the two thick metal doors. Another room was inside. "You need to remain in a controlled environment." She looked at the large threshold. She saw Pogo, and her mother Grace. Pogo looked at her with sadness. Not only because they were about to isolate a little girl, but that she had no idea what was going to happen. "More research is required to determine whether your behavior can be regulated." Reginald spoke as Pogo opened the large metal door to the threshold.