☂ ᏇᏂᏋᏒᏋ ᏗᏒᏋ ᎩᎧᏬ ☂

HER BLOOD ON MY HANDS

"I gotta go, okay?"

Hazel groaned in his seat. He and Cha-Cha were now sitting back at the doughnut shop. Their eyes were puffy. Their hair was a mess. And they were tired. Really, really tired. Cha-Cha held her cup of coffee in sadness. She stared at her doughnut, as only a small bite was taken. It was chocolate and had white sprinkles. "I hate sprinkles." She commented. "Maybe I just hate doughnuts. Why are we here again?" She turned to Hazel, who also looked so sad.

"Refill?" Agnes asked behind the counter. A coffee holder in hand. She wore the same pink uniform she wore on all her workdays.

"God, yes, please." Hazel answered. Agnes smiled at him. "Thank you." Agnes walked over to Cha-Cha. Her smile fading as the assassin said nothing, but sit there in frustration. She refilled her cup anyway. The woman chuckled and walked away. Helping other customers around the place. "The world is ending. All this, all these... people, they'll be gone and they have... just... no idea." Hazel said solemnly.

Something clicked in Cha-Cha's mind. It showed, because she lifted up her head. "This is not about a broken contract!"

"What?"

"Five, son of a bitch. He's trying to change the timeline. That's why the girl is helping him, too." Cha-Cha explained.

"So we're not only going to kill him." Hazel caught on.

"We're gonna end the world." Cha-Cha finished. Hazel sadly looked at his doughnut. But wouldn't heir commissioner know? And if they did, why would they send them to stop the one person who was trying to save the world? "Come on, let's get back to what's his name." Cha-Cha got up. Heading for the door. Hazel leaned back in his chair

'My life sucks so much, right now.'

***

"Klaus."

"Klaus."

"Klaus."

He heard the voices in his head. Coming to bother him once again. He saw their faces. They were wrinkling, and their hair was white, and their eyes looked dead and blind.

"Klaus!"

"Go away! Dad, let me out!" A young Klaus screamed, as he was sitting, terrified, in the corner of mausoleum. He saw them scream. He saw them reaching out for him.

"Klaus!"

"Dad!" He yelled. The man never came.

One of the ghosts reached out. Almost touching his face. He yelled in a high pitch. He was traumatized. Like a child hearing gunshots for the first time.