☂ ᏖᏂᏋ ፈᎧᏕᏖ ᎧᎦ ᎩᎧᏬ ᏇᏗᏕ ᏁᎧᏖ ᏕᏬᎦᎦᎥፈᏋ ☂

START OF THE TRIAL

"Dead!"

Leonard Peabody opened the door to his late grandmother's cabin. Vanya followed behind. He set the house keys on the oak wooden table, as Vanya looked at all the things inside. It was cozy and safe, like the warmth of one's bed. The windows and door was a bright tree green. The white flowy curtains framed the windows. There was a desk right next to the entrance on the left side. A few hundred books were set side by side on its shelf. "Oh. Wow." Leonard closed the door. "This place is so nice." She said with astonishment. "Whose is it again?" She put her stuff down.

"This is Grandma's place. Lots of pinched cheeks, right..." He stood in the middle of the small living room, then pointing down at the carpet. "Here." They chuckled. He walked towards the fireplace. A picture of his young self and his father holding fishing rods stood on the neatly carved stone. Neither of them were smiling. It was almost like happiness never existed in the Jenkins' family. And perhaps, that was true. Probably still is.
He stood uncomfortably. A disturbed look took over his face. "You okay?" Vanya asked.
"You spend your whole life trying to forget about the crap you went through as a kid. You know?" He face was deep and in focus. A depressed cloud was set in the atmosphere. "And then, the second you step back in, you feel just as insignificant."

"Yeah, I know." Vanya said softly. She contemplated in her brain whether was the best for a relaxation. "You know, we don't have to stay here. We can just..." Leonard turned to her. "Get a shitty motel or something."

"No." He spoke. "It's perfect for what need to do."

"Which is what, exactly?" She asked.

"We need to find out what you're truly capable of." He said. "Oh, my God." She sighed heavily.
"Remember what you said the day we met? Practice makes perfect."

"Yeah, this is a little different than chord progressions. I mean, if I do..." Her mind racked in red alert and disturbance. "Look, I can't even say it. I can't wrap my head around it. There's--"

"Vanya." He started. "You've spent your entire life feeling less than your brothers and sisters, only to discover you've had this in you the entire time. You owe it to yourself to discover what that really means. Okay?" He watched a small grin appeared on her face. She nodded. "Clear your mind. Focus." He walked towards one of the green windows. "Where better to do that than here?" He moved the curtain out of the way, and pushed the windows open.

The birds chirped happily. The air was clear, and the smell of fresh grass was strong. The cabin had strong bones. The black roof now faded. The pure green trees made shadows around the cabin. A lake was set across the cabin. Everything was surrounded by forest and nature. A perfect place. Perfect enough to hide a dead body. He had Vanya Hargreeves tightly wrapped about his finger.