Chapter 8 | "lets dance"

Miyeon grew increasingly close to all the boys in the palace, especially Haechan. Renjun and Miyeon continued to grow closer, especially since Miyeon had seemingly become comfortable around him. However, with Renjun on his new frequent princely duties within the palace, Miyeon had a lot more free time, and Haechan was always there to train with her.

"Good morning, Miyeon!" Renjun said cheerily as he saw her emerge from his room.

"Hi Renjun, waiting for me again?" She asked with a laugh, her smile still hidden by her mask.

"Of course, today is a big day." He replied as they fell into eye with one another.

"Right, the princesses will be arriving shortly for their first day visit. Are you excited? You'll probably be meeting your future wife today."

"I wouldn't quite say I'm excited. I've never met a princess who caught my eye." He said, glancing at her.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, no one has ever had that certain... spark... with me before." He continued to stare at her, a small smile on his face before facing forward.

"Hmm, well you certainly dressed to impress." She said, commenting on his fancy suit. "Maybe you'll find your perfect princess today."

"Eh, perfect is overrated." He grumbled out, causing Miyeon to turn glance at him with an amused glint in her eye. "I'm more into the cool and quiet type, mature and intelligent with a bit of attitude, a bit rough around the edges maybe."

"You sound like you've already met this dream girl."

"Maybe I have."

She turned to look at him again, only to find him already staring at her with an intensity in his eyes that made her heart quicken.

"Well uh... then that's good. I hope she's here to see you today." Miyeon mumbled out quickly, turning back to face the front as they entered the main room.

"Ah there he is, the last of my sons." The king said with a warm smile as he set eyes upon them. "Oh and of course Miyeon as well. Staying sharp?"

"Of course your majesty, ready to serve." She said, bowing to him as he smiled at her.

"That's what we like to hear."

She made brief eye contact with Renjun, him flashing her a quick smile before she went to stand near the wall next to Haechan and Jeno.

"Well, you certainly look fancy, don't you?" She mumbled with an amused smile as she looked at Haechan in his frilly formal wear.

"Oh shut up, you look like you just came out of the depths of hell." He replied, surveying her black assassins outfit.

"Well maybe I did." She snapped back with a playful wink. "I'm here to be your worst nightmare."

"Nothing can be worse that this stupid shirt, I don't know how Renjun deal with this uncomfortable fabric. I just want to go and throw some knives." Haechan said, rolling his eyes.

"Wow look at that, I made you into a little training junkie."

"Maybe you did. And someday, I'll be better than you, just you wait."

The two of them conversed quietly, speaking with hushed whispers as they held back their laughter so no one would notice them, but one person did. His eyes boring into the pair of them as they happily chatted.

"The princesses are arriving!"

Miyeon straightened up as the double doors opened, one hand on her sword as she focused on the new people entering the palace. All of the princesses should have been cleared but she wanted to make sure that nothing slipped through the cracks.