Epilogue

*note: this story has been edited into a Renjun-centered story. If you are reading from when it was Hyunjin themed, please refer to the following character alignments:

Renjun = Hyunjin, Haechan = Felix, Jeno = Chan, Jaemin = Changbin, Chenle = Seungmin, Jisung = Jeongin, Mark = Minho, Yangyang = Han.

"Park Miyeon does it again. As a role model for young girls around the country, Prince Renjun's girl continues to steal hearts and inspire people all around the kingdom." Renjun read aloud from the headlines as he walked into their shared office space.

"Oh what are you reading." Miyeon said jokingly, trying to swat it out of his hand.

"In the past year, the highly trained assassin turned royal lady has broken down all presumptions of what it means to be a princess, effortlessly winning the love of the people by simply being herself. She's proven that she's exactly what this kingdom needed. Her strength, bravery, and compassion make her easily one of the most loved people in the realm to date. She's helped young children all around the country find their inner warrior with her youth training initiative, inspiring girls (and boys) to follow in her footsteps and become their own heroes." Renjun continued to read, holding the paper out of her reach.

"Stop~" she whined, feeling embarrassed.

"With the love of the kingdom, and obviously Prince Renjun as well, we can't help but wonder how long until we can finally call her 'Princess.' On behalf of all the people, we truly hope that time is coming soon." Renjun finished, turning to her with a smile.

"Is that from today?" She asked as he handed her the paper.

"Yup. On the front page."

He walked around to stand behind her, resting his chin on her shoulder and wrapping his hands around her waist as she read the article. A proud smile made its way onto his face as he looked at her picture in the front of the paper. It was a photo of her at one of her youth training centers playfully being attacked by a group of little boys and girls with a wide smile on her face.

"They love you, Yeonie." He said, planting a kiss on her cheek. "The people adore you."

"You were right." She said, turning to give him a peck. "They love me for who I am."

"Whats not to love?" He sighed, spinning her around to face him, his hands on her waist as the smiled at one another. "I'm just the lucky guy who gets to actually call you mine."

"Well someone's in a sappy mood." She joked, going on her toes to give him another peck. "As long as I have you to love, that's enough for me. The people are just a bonus."

They stared at one another, eyes sparkling with happiness as they held one another close. Renjun quickly glanced down at her lips, staring to slowly lean closer to her.

"Speaking of the people, we have a busy day today." She said spinning out of his grip with a teasing smile. "We have a meeting with the diplomats from overseas that arrived yesterday, and then Mark wants us to attend the negotiation with the North Kingdom. Don't forget to bring the flower arrangement to our lunch with the foreign royals, it's customary."

"Well you certainly have adjusted to Princess life, haven't you? A year ago you'd be dying to have even one meeting without a training session first." He said with an impressed smile.