14 :: Meeting New People ::

"Are you (y/n)? My brother's step daughter?" A sturdy looking man asked me.

"Yes, I am." I said and bowed.

"Nice to meet you, (y/n)!" He said and extended his hand towards me. "I've heard a lot of good things about you from my brother! I am Kim Hannam, by the way!"

I was confused when he said that Mr. kim talked about me. Why would he talk good things about me? All I do is shout at him.

I hesitantly took his hand and said, "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Kim" I said.

"Call me Uncle Hannam, I'm now your uncle, anyway!" He said and laughed.

Call you uncle? In your dreams! You might be my best friend's dad but I won't call you uncle. Heck, I don't even call your brother 'dad' why should I call you uncle?

"Who is she, love?" A woman came out of no where and asked.

"I am (y/n) and you are?" I asked.

"Oh! Y/n as in my daughter's best friend? I am glad to finally meet you, (y/n)!" She said and took my hand for a handshake.

"You won't believe it dear, (y/n) is now our niece!" Somin's dad told his wife.

"No way! You are the daughter of my new sister-in-law! Well that is nice we are related now! So that means I'm your Aunt Dayhee." She squealed.

"Mum and dad, quite it now, you are embarrassing me let's just go to the venue! And she is my best friend so she will talk to me during the ride, so don't even think about making a conversation with her!" Somin as she got in the car.

*

"It felt like we were in the car for ages!" Somin said as she got out of the car. "Dad, you drive the car really slow, y'know that?" She said.

"A thank you would have done after giving you lift" her dad retorted.

"I am just stating the obvious, no need to get offended!" Somin said as she raised her hands in surrender.

"I've heard that truth hurts!" I said.

"That is my best friend, roasting my dad with me!" Somin said and nudged me.

"I've spend only a few minutes with you, y/n and I'm assured that you are very much like Somin." Her mum chuckled.

"What?! You are comparing me to her! I am way more smarter than her!" She said.

"We all know who is smarter among the two of us!" I said back.

"Yeah, it is me!" She said.

"Okay, fine it is you! Anyway, my mum must be looking for me, we are already late." I said and dragged Somin with me.

"See you later, mum, dad! That is if y/n leaves me alive." She yelled back to her parents.

"I won't kill you, don't worry?" I said.

"See you both around, dear." Her mum yelled after us.

We went inside the building where reception was held. As soon as I entered it, Somin and I somehow lost each other or more like, she went to check the food, she is a food addict just like me. My mum spotted me and came towards me.

"Where were you, (y/n)? Why didn't you come with your brothers?" She asked me.

"I came with Somin and her parents! Do you know she is your niece now?" I said to my mum.

"That's really great but I want you to meet a few people and keep your witty tounge in check for they are your grandparents!" My mum said as she started dragging me to an elderly looking couple who were standing with Mr. Kim and BTS.

"What if I don't?" I asked.

"Then I'll deal with you later." My mum said back.

"Relax, mum, I was just pulling your leg." I said as we came to an hault in front of them.

"This is (y/n), my daughter!" My mum introduced.

"Our daughter," Mr. Kim said.

Um, since when am I your daughter?

"Nice to meet you!" I said and bowed.

"You are very beautiful, just like your mum!" The old lady said.

"Er..Thanks," I said and looked at Jimin and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Did you hear that, dwarf? Your grandma said I am beautiful and you called me ugly a few days ago!" I said to him and he glared at me. I am never letting him live this down.

I didn't realize that I said it out loud. Everyone chuckled at my childish behavior except mum and Jimin.

Jimin glared at me whereas mum gave me 'what did I tell you' look.

"Oops, sorry!" I grinned.

"It is Alright. I always wanted witty and clever grandchildren." The old man said.

"Are you saying that we aren't clever, grandpa! I am hurt!" Jungkook wiped a fake tear from his cheek.

"Yeah! That is exactly what I meant!" His grandpa said and nodded proudly.

"You aren't kidding, are you? I'm smarter than her!" Jimin said.

"Oh please! I passed my school with 96 per cent, a straight A. How much did you get, may I ask?" I said.

"Grade dosen't matter! We are talking about practical life!" He said.

"Why? Didn't get a decent grade, did you?" I asked.

"If you wanna compete in academics, then go and do it with Namjoon hyung! I bet he can beat you or are you afraid of losing?" He asked.

"No, I can---" but I was cut off by their grandma.

"You all are already getting along!" Their grandma said.

Why do people keep saying that? Can't she see that we are literally fighting over here? She should see us when we are left alone, nobody even talks.

"We must go and see Hannam! He just came back from Maldvies a few days ago, didn't he? We wanted to ask him how his business trip was." Their grandma said and the adults left us behind as they started searching for my so called step-uncle. Step uncle, is that even a word?