40 :: Bomb ::

We had just gotten out of the haunted house. It wasn't one of my best experiences--I'm not someone who is scared easily--but in the haunted house, when I was busy laughing at the props that were set up, a ghost suddenly appeared infront of me, as usual, I started laughing at it because it's makeup was horrendous.

I thought it was just a machine, programmed to move on its place when people walked by, I didn't expect it to move towards me. So, when I saw a random machine walking forward, and extending it's arm to grab me, I started screaming because machines do not move out of their place to grab onto people.

The machine then started laughing at me, turned out it was an actual human. I wasn't scared of the ghost, but it was it's sudden movement in my direction that scared me.

And after that, Jimin laughed his head off at me and called me childish for being scared of the 'classic' ghost.

Unfourtunately, the happy atmosphere didn't last for too long.

BOOM!

All of a sudden, I saw fire on the giant wheel, people were running away, the sound of whatever it was, was deafening, people looked scared--some shouting for their family--some simply running away. I was being pushed in god knows what direction with the crowd, it was turning into a stampede.

I felt someone grab my hand, I don't know who it was but whoever it was, was pushing me towards the haunted house. There were so many people, I was almost getting crushed and the teddy bear around my shoulders wasn't exactly helping either.

People were trying there best to get out of here and to think only a few minutes ago, it was such a cheerful place, I think it was a bomb. I looked back towards the giant wheel, half of it was blown away and the other half was in flames along with places surrounding it.

Good thing we were far away from it, I couldn't even bring myself to think what would have happened if we were there! But what about the people who were there? The people who were on it?

I shook my head.

After what felt like ages, I was finally pulled to a corner of the haunted house where I could finally breath freely since people were running in the opposite direction.

I saw dad holding my arm and he didn't look like he just walked us through a stampede.

"Listen to me," he said sternly to both me and my brother. "I want you two to get out of here. Jimin, take care of your sister."

Jimin nodded and took my arm. Wait, wasn't he coming with us? Does he wish to die? It was a bloody bomb for fuck's sake, there could be another one for all we knew.

"Are you not coming with us?" I asked him over all the noise.

"I will catch up with you guys." He assured.

"What do you mean? We have no idea what is going on! What will you get for staying here?" I fought Jimin to let go of my arm.

Dad looked at me straight in the eye, "I'll be fine. I will see you two at home. Now off you go."

Jimin dragged me through the crowd towards the enterance, the suffocating feeling was back but this time my thoughts were somewhere else.

There was definitely something fishy going around, why did they always keep me in the dark, or that is how I always felt? My gut feeling was that they all were hiding something from me but it couldn't be trusted since six out of ten times, it was wrong.

"Are you good?" Jimin asked as we were finally out of there, I saw the firefighters, ambulance and other officials arriving, the injured people were being treated.