𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Siblings

"Maiya." The call of my name had me freezing in place as I turned my head. Rhysand stood behind me, violet eyes wide and head tilted just as he used to do when we were younger.

"Yes?" He took a cautious step closer as I narrowed my eyes further. "What do you want?"

"To talk." Rhysand muttered, before holding a piece of paper out. I took it from his hand, opening it and reading the words on the parchment. It was the formal apology and end of my banishment, written down in writing. I hummed, before drawing a rune in the corner of the page and pressing it, watching as it disappeared.

It would turn up at home, on my desk in Hewn.

"Azriel and I talked."

"I know. He told me." I sighed, before finding a conveniently placed chair to slump in as Rhysand rocked back and forth gently. He looked uncomfortable and I couldn't fault him. I also felt uncomfortable. This was the first conversation I'd had with him in near to 500 years.

At least I knew what he looked like this time.

"That thing with Feyre. Is that part of your grand plan?" I asked, breaking the silence as Rhysand shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, but it's not a good plan." He muttered, trailing off. "I didn't know what else to do."

"It'll work." I replied. "I've got two of my own in Spring Court. They'll keep an eye out for her."

"Wh-How?" Rhysand spluttered, eyes going wide. "We've been back four days and you've been here the entire time."

"Rhysand, that's what advisors are for." I chuckled. "Firoh went back, told the advisors and Keir made a decision in my place. It's what he's trained to do."

"I can't believe that Keir is your advisor. After everything that he put Mor through?" Rhysand shook his head. "How do you trust him?"

"He's always given me truthful advice and I've punished him for what happened with Morrigan." I cracked my knuckles. "He'll stay away. He knows that."

We fell silent once more, before Rhysand finally sat down in the hallway opposite me.

"How's Carasai?" I asked about his healer, the one with the golden eyes who had saved me so very long ago. 

"Stressed. She's trying to perfect her healing, as well as helping her brother create biochemical weapons in case the war comes." Rhysand shook his head. "She asks after you. Wanted to know how the wound was?"

"No worse than any others I've had over the years." I scratched absentmindedly at my back. "Tell her thanks for asking after me though. I like her. She's nice."