𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Velaris

True to Azriel's prediction, I didn't truly leave my bed for near to two weeks after we arrived. 

As soon as we touched down at the townhouse in Velaris, I had made the simplest thing that I could and sealed the mating bond with Azriel. I was scared, so scared, that this would mean Azriel's death but the thought of never being able to be his mate was a far worse fear. After having experienced the extent of Azriel's love, it was not something that I wanted to lose.

His wings twitched around me, telling me that Azriel was slowly waking up once more. I continued to trace the small scars on his back, having never truly been one for a lot of sleep. He opened one hazel eye, blearily looking up at me as I smiled. 

My mate was truly a sight to behold in the morning sunlight. Golden light cast a glow to the harsh planes of his face, softening the sharp lines of his jaw and nose. His dark hair was fluffy, half-covering his eyes, which were glowing in the sun. He truly looked like a god of old from a classical painting, and somehow he was all mine.

"Morning," His voice was deeper than normal, filling the room despite the quietness of it. He pulled me down to press a long kiss to my lips. I grinned, tracing the tattoos across his shoulder and the one along his arm that signified our mating bond.

"Breakfast?" I asked him, pulling back as he watched me with warm eyes. "I can make something."

"I'll eat anything you cook." Azriel muttered, a small smile playing on his lips. I chuckled, pushing the warm covers off of my bare body, and pulling his shirt over my head. He groaned, watching me with annoyed eyes as his wings shivered from the cold. "Maiya..."

He drawled out my name as I paused in the doorway. He was pouting slightly, holding the covers up.

"Come back to bed."

"I'm hungry." I shook my head, walking away from him with slightly difficulty and sorting out the rats nest that was my hair. The dark hair was messy, and slightly greasy, and I knew that I would need a bath.

The kitchen, much like the rest of the house, was empty. I pulled the cupboards open, making Azriel and I eggs and bacon. We hadn't eaten in a little bit, and I could assume that my mate was starving.

His stomach rumbled in his sleep.

"You are cruel." Azriel whispered sleepily. I turned, finding Azriel in the doorway, yawning. His wings were drooping, occasionally fluttering as I grinned. He was just pouty because I refused to come back to bed.

"Come here, bat boy." I held an arm our for Azriel to walk into the back of. His arms wrapped around my waist, his head buried in my neck as his fluffy hair tickled at my face. Watching the water boil, I set the eggs inside, before leaning into Azriel's touch and running my hand through his hair. He muttered something illegible out, his breath growing deeper as my other hand traced his scars. "Sleepy bat."