𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Hunting

{ Maiya }

"Maiya, what do you want done with the spares?" I turned at Firoh's shout, pushing the leaders head further into the ground.

"Have we got any use for them?"

"No."

"Then kill them." I grabbed the leader by the wings, dragging him along behind me as he whimpered and cried out. Isaak walked on the other side of me, cleaning blood from his hands. "The women and children?"

"Memories have been wiped, all injuries healed and sent along to Faldrow." Isaak muttered. "They'll be there by morning, the leader is ready for them."

"Good. Go check over our soldiers, then come home." I told him, before grabbing Miller, my head strategist. "Help Firoh burn the bodies, but please try not to start a forest fire."

"Aye." He shot me a lazy salute, before hurrying off to hopefully prevent a forest fire.

"Please, do not..." I gave the leader another kick in the face, scowling as he dared to touch my leg with his grubby little hands. 

"You clipped little girls wings and betrayed your court, you don't get to talk," I hissed. "Now, we're going back to Hewn so I can chuck you in a dungeon cell and torture you to my hearts content."

He began to sob, pleading and begging as more of my soldiers appeared, disposing of the Illyrian soldiers that had deflected against the Court. 

I rolled my eyes at the whining, making a mental note to take his tongue when I went to visit him and torture the location of the other deflected Illyrians from his lips. Maybe, when I was finished, I'd send his wings to Rhysand in a box.

The wind whipped around me, tugging at my hair and exposed skin, before I reappeared in the Hewn City. Soldiers rushed towards me.

"Take him to the cells, chain him up and take his siphons." I handed the prisoner over to my dungeon guards, who nodded and dragged him away. Turning back to the others, I cocked an eyebrow. "Why are you here and not training?"

"The Illyrian is here." Keir brushed through the crowd, waving the other soldiers away. He folded his arms across his chest, falling in beside me as my eyebrows furrowed. Azriel was here? 

"He is, is he?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to think if I missed an important event but his birthday wasn't for months and our anniversary was two months after that. My birthday was a month ago. "Why?"

"He didn't say."

"Ah, helpful." I muttered, before shaking my head. "It's probably about the orb. I'll deal with this. He in the Throne Room?"