𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Comfort

My only escape from my overbearing parents, and now my mate who wanted to talk to me, was the Hewn City and as much as I despised the foul place, I found myself disappearing there for weeks at a time to get away from the tensions on the top. Some would say that I was running from my problems, but it was necessary to keep the peace.

If something went wrong and Azriel was hurt in the process, then I don't think I'd be able to control my anger.

"I was starting to wonder when you were going to be back," I paused at the sound of the cold voice, looking over my shoulder as my father joined my side. "You've been in the Hewn City for a while."

"I thought that was what you wanted?" I muttered back at him. 

"Your mother wants you back here more often,"

"And?" I cocked an eyebrow. My father hummed, before looking out across the kingdom below us with a disinterested expression. "I was going to head back to the Hewn City tonight, is there any messages you need me to take?"

"No. I have Mendax for that," My father spat to the side and I sighed, but kept my head high. "I need you to look through some strategies. Your brother is playing at soldier to the north, which means I need you to do more work on the battle plans."

"Can he not do that? I have my own legion to run for the Dark Bringers and the election coming up for the new head of the Hewn City, I don't exactly have time,"

"And you want me to waste your brother's time on this?"

"Rhysand is a soldier, not a leader like I am, he has more time. I don't," I growled in response, not wanting this to be dumped on me when I was already swamped with work and trying to plan how to deal with Azriel. "Get him to do it."

"What did you say to me?"

"Get him to do it. I don't have time," I spat out, before hissing in pain as my father grabbed onto my arm tightly, pushing me down so that my knees buckled and I was kneeling behind him. My anger flared, darkness wreathing my heart as I tried to push against him, but it was of little use. My powers were far weaker than his was. 

He made sure that mine would be at birth, clipping my wings and putting a dampener onto my magic.

"You will go through those strategies and you will make decisions on them. That's an order,"

"My Lord," A voice broke my father's glare on me and he released my arm to turn and look behind me. I knew who it was before he came into vision, my soul already calling for his. Azriel was here and I had no plan for how I was going to deal with this. "I needed to report a matter from the Illyrians to you. Would you rather I do it now or later?"