𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Strategist

{ Azriel }

When I left Maiya three hours later, I was more than content. Despite the tiredness in my mate's eyes, she had looked slightly happier. Firoh and Isaak had promised to check in more often when I was not there, which left me feeling more at ease. As long as she had friends around her who could support her, I was content.

Tightening the final strap of my armour, I shook the last remnants of flour from my hair and brushed the icing from my mouth. As soon as I entered the house, I was met with multiple nervous faces as they watched me.

"Did you get it?" I held the orb up from behind my back for the others in the Inner Circle to see, and it was like a cloud had dispelled from overhead. They all looked relieved.

"How did you get it?" Mor asked, taking it from my hands and placing it onto the table for the others to examine.

"I asked nicely." I shrugged, before turning to where Rhysand sat. "We can take one of the rogue Illyrian encampments in the west off of our list to track down. Carasai, there are going to be women and children heading to Faldrow."

"I'll head up there after this meeting then, see if they need another healer present." Carasai nodded her head, brushing past me to sit beside Rhysand, who looked confused.

"Why do I need to take it from the list?"

"I think that you might find that it has been destroyed," I sat down beside Feyre, drawing my wings into me once more. When I looked up, they were watching me again. My shadows curled, flickering gently at the stares.

"What did you say?"

"I think Maiya has destroyed the encampment." I muttered. I knew that I was ratting my mate out, but if I could prove that she was helping Rhysand, then it would make my next request seem more reasonable.

"Did she tell you that?" Cassian asked.

"She never confirmed it, but she was covered in blood." I told them, as Feyre turned to look at me in horror. "Apparently they were clipping girls wings and they were one of the camps that betrayed you."

"How did she know that?" Rhysand hissed and I didn't have the guts to tell him that I gave her a list a year or so earlier, thinking that she might be able to help us. "She shouldn't be doing that."

"That's helpful." I pointed out. "She's helping us here, otherwise Cassian and I would have done the same thing."

"She's banished to Hewn."

"Then un-banish her." I challenged as Rhysand turned to me, eyes narrowed. "She's a strategist, the best that the Night Court has. She'd be useful."

"Absolutely not."