𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Caution

{ Azriel }

The ache of the wound was a persistent curse of my mind. When I woke, I could feel it's pain. When I trained, it ached and when I slept, it burnt. I was fed up with it, and the burden that it came with. It was annoying that I couldn't fight and work at my normal levels.

"Maiya." I hissed once more, rubbing at the wound as I sought to find my mate, who knew healing runes far more advanced than those the healers in Velaris knew. It wasn't that they were bad, it was just that Hewn's healing was far more advanced that Velaris'.

"Is everything alright?" My mate appeared by my side in an instance, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Her dark hair was pulled up into a ponytail as she looked at the wound on my chest, inspecting it quickly before drawing a variety of symbols in the air as the pain lessened. "I told you not to train yesterday."

"And I told you that I've trained on injuries before." That earnt me a disapproving look as she pulled away to help me pull a shirt on. "I can deal with it."

"You shouldn't have to."

"That's rich coming from you." I shot back. "Didn't you train with a broken leg or am I thinking of a different person?" Maiya huffed, scrunching her nose.

"I'm from Hewn. I have to because I can't show weakness. You're from the Court of Daydreamers-"

"-Court of Dreams-"

"-You are allowed to rest." Maiya smoothed my shirt out, smiling gently. "Your mother would agree with me."

"That's because you're her favourite daughter." She smirked at that, before carefully smoothing the shoulders of my shirt out and pressing a kiss to my lips. I grinned, wrapping an arm around her waist as she rocked us back and forth. "We should go to that council meeting."

"Am I welcome?" Maiya pulled away, an eyebrow cocked. "I was under the impression that I was still public enemy number one in some of your companions book."

"Yes, obviously. I think you're a menace to society. The others love you dearly." I teased softly, grinning as her quiet laughter filled the room. "You are more than welcome as either Leader of Hewn or Princess to the Night Court or even, potentially, as my wonderful mate."

"I think if I was on the council just because I was your mate that might be considered nepotism." Maiya grinned, before untangling herself from my arms and pulling her armour over her head. She did the buckles up quickly, before holding her hand out for me to grab. "I'll go as Leader of Hewn. It's my official title anyway, and second favourite of the one's that I have."

I pulled a face, strapping her dagger to my thigh and following her out into the corridor as I did. 

"Nepotism would be a wonderful thing to add to your resume though. Make your reputation precede further than just a very dangerous warrior?" I joked as Maiya rolled her eyes, stalking along beside me as I lead her to the council room. "If Cassian or Mor or Amren have a problem with you, I will set them in their place. You are my mate, my first and only priority bar my mother. I won't stand for it."