𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Poor Ideas

Warning: there is some talk of struggling to eat, not having eaten anything, insomnia and talk of abuse

"Something is off with you." I paused, looking away from the training Darkbringers and back at Firoh. Despite not training as much with them, I still turned up on occasions to make sure that the women and men were working together.

"It is...?"

"When did you last sleep?" Firoh stepped closer, holding his hands out just in case, like he thought I would fall over. "Mother above, Maiya, you look like shit."

"Thanks."

"Have you been sleeping?"

"Today's the anniversary." Firoh nodded, not stepping closer as I rolled my shoulders out "It's just worse this week, that's all."

"I see." Firoh murmured, understanding what this week would be like. "When did you last eat? Can I do anything to help, or do you want to stay with someone else? I don't want to leave you alone, not at this time."

"I appreciate it." I forced a smile, before standing up straight once more and rubbing my temples. "Az was here the past few nights, but he can't come now. They have the new meeting with the queens over the coming days."

"Fuck, Isaak and I aren't here tonight either. We've got that business meeting with the Pharon family." Firoh shook his head, before kissing his teeth. "I'll talk to Aralya, see if she's around. Does she know what this week is?"

"No, I never said anything." I shook my head. "She wasn't my advisor when it was truly bad, so I never said. Even when Az wasn't here, I had you and Isaak. Look, it's fine. I'm alright."

"Maiya, this is still bad." Firoh pointed out.

"I don't know why it's bothering me so much." I protested, shaking my head.

"Probably because Rhysand turned up." Firoh sighed, before giving me a gentle nudge. "Let's get going then, because you need to eat and sleep."

"Why do I feel like Azriel put you up to babysitting me?"

"He never said to babysit you," Firoh shrugged, before grinning. "He just said that if you looked not so good, I could lend a helping hand so consider my helping hand lended."

I shot him an unamused expression, before turning away so that I could shake my head. 

***  

"Firoh said to keep you away from sharp knives." Aralya called through my house, as she appeared beside me. "Something about you sharpening them for hours on end."