The Rooster

The pogues gathered around the window and stared out at the all too familiar men climbing out the van on John Bs driveway.

"Guys guys is that them?" Kie asked with a panic rising in her voice.

"No! No!" JJ was saying in disbelief but Riley nodded her head at kie with tears forming in her eyes, confirming all of their worst fears.

"John B I told why does this always-". JJ started but John B interrupted him, shoving him against one of the cabinets,

"JJ where's the gun, where's the gun!?!"

"The gun the gun...." JJ muttered trying to take his mind back.

"Hey JJ please think" Riley and JJ connected eyes and she gave him a pleading look.

"Now you don't have the gun the one time we need the gun!" Kie said beginning to cry, her voice uncharacteristically high.

"JJ think!" Riley pleaded again.

JJ saw the panic in her eyes and suddenly remembered.

"The backpack! It was in my backpack!..... on the porch. It's on the porch!" He suddenly shouted.

Riley suddenly leapt into action opening the door and beginning to run out when a pair of hands grabbed her waist and lifted her up, dragging her backwards.

"Hey! No. You stay here I go" JJ said quickly leading Riley back in the office and running through the house, making his way towards the porch. Suddenly he turned back.

"Hey hey what's the problem?" Riley asked him panicking.

"They're on the porch" JJ stated seriously, his gaze never leaving Riley's for one second.

Suddenly the shouts of two men echoed throughout the house, threats being shouted, directed at John B, and the crashes of John Bs belongings being trashed.

"JOHN ROUTLEDGE GET OUT HERE"
"WHERE ARE YOU JOHN"
"YOU BEST NOT BE HERE BOY"

"Guys we've got to leave!" Kie whispered to the group.

"Window! Window!" Riley Suddenly thought, not able to get our full sentences in her panicked state.

The smashes of glass and the breaking of items could still be heard, except the crashes were getting closer. John B and Riley pushed themselves up against the door whilst the others tried to get the window open.

"Guys what's the problem!" kie said to pope and JJ as they continued struggling with the window.

"It's painted shut okay!" JJ snapped at her.

"Here here!" Kie gave them a letter opener after searching for it frantically on the desk.

Riley stayed tucked close in at John Bs side against the door, as John B stood with his head flat against the door and his eyes closed.

"Guys hurry hurry!" kie said to JJ and Pope but was quickly shushed as John B and Riley heard footsteps getting closer and closer to the office door.

Suddenly someone began rattling the door handle to the office door and the shouts of a man saying

"you better not be in there!" The gravelly voice spoke as a man began to kick the door.

JJ quickly put the letter opener in Kies hand as she continued to try and get the paint from sealing the window shut, as JJ ran over and pulled Riley away from the door that the square groupers were attempting to break through.

A gun shot went off as the man shot at the door handle, and JJ pulled Riley behind him as she gasped in shock from the loud noise. Kie finally managed to open the window.

"Go go go go go!" Kie whispered to them, still panicking as pope climbed first out the window, followed by pope, next John B. Another kick came from the door and Riley gasped again, praying they still hadn't gotten through, as her and JJs necked snapped towards the door. When they realised they hadn't gotten through just yet, JJ quickly climbed through the window and was quick to turn round and pull Riley through after him, then grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the chicken coop.

They climbed in, in silence as Kie sat near pope, and Riley climbed between JJ and John B. They heard the men come out the office, and watched them carry the contents of the office to their van. The rooster would not shut up at the visitors in its coop, drawing attention to the coop, as Riley desperately held back sobs.

"Do something pope! Shut him up!" JJ pleaded with pope.

"What do you want me to do!" Pope snapped back.

"Pet it or something I don't know!" kie whispered in floods of tears.

The rooster carried on crowing as JJ peered out to see one of them men walking towards the coop. He looked at Riley and saw the panic on her face and the tears rolling down her cheeks and grabbed the rooster by its neck and began to strangle it.

Riley watched on, knowing it was the only option but couldn't help get a sick feeling, knowing that if they hadn't had come in there that the rooster wouldn't have to die. She scrunched her eyes closed as she heard the snap, wincing at the sickening sound. She let out a gentle sob and quickly covered her mouth with her hand, not wanting to be heard. John B grabbed her hand, and wiped a tear pouring down her cheek, giving her a sympathetic smile.

JJ looked on at the pair, his own sick feeling growing in his stomach but not because of the rooster.

The group watched the van drive away and a wave of relief washed over the whole group, apart from JJ who was looking as on edge as ever as he stared at Riley's hand still placed in John Bs, and more importantly, the way John B looked at Riley.

Authors note - hey guys I know this is kind of a short chapter but I thought this was a good place to end it. I havnt been able to upload much this week as I've been working everyday pretty much, but I should get back on track with frequent uploading this week. Thanks for your continued support, don't forget to vote, add my story to your reading list, and comment on the chapters! Love you guys xxxx

My Girl - JJ Maybank x female OC On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara