Skeeter

The teens sat In the van as pope gave John B directions from the map.
They slowed down as JJ pointed it out.

"That looks like a stone wall to me!"

"This is it" pope confirmed.

The group jumped out of the van as Riley face palmed, realising their location.

"Not the Crain house" John B spoke what Riley was thinking.

"Are you kidding me" kie said looking between the group.

"Worse case scenario" JJ said, staring up at the building in front of him.

"Why'd it have to be here if all places" pope sighed.

"I heard mrs Crain buried her husbands head on the property" JJ informed the group.

"JJ?" Riley spoke to the boy for the first time in days, he looked down at her, surprised but happy.

"Yeah?" He asked her smiling

"Shut up"

"Yeah okay"

"Honestly I don't really believe the stories of this place" John B told the group, as they climbed through the wilderness

"watch your step ry" he told Riley as he helped her over a fallen wall. JJ looked at the two, and felt jealousy, why was he even getting jealous about that? He sighed and carried on walking.

"Which stories did you all hear?" Riley asked the group, she couldn't help but feel fearful about where they were.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe" kie told her, making Riley's fears worse.

"On certain nights when the moon is full you can see her in the window" kie said beginning to laugh at the fear on JJ and popes faces, until she saw Riley's face.

"I'm only joking Lee" she smiled at the girl, feeling a bit guilty.

"It's not funny guys cus it's all true" JJ began telling the group.

"JJ-" John B hinted at him to shut Up
"No seriously I knew Hollis" JJ told the group.

"Wait you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asked him

"Yeah dude. She was my babysitter. She told me all about it. Told me the truth, about her mother" he told the group who were now invested in his story.

"So as a kid, she heard all the stories about her mother killing her father, and she was a murder and all, but Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night"

"What night?" John B asked

"It all came back to her. When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in the sink, full of blood. Her mother just said that she cut her finger. The next morning she said her father and her were split up. But then Hollis noticed something, her mother going into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her fathers head looking straight back at her."

Riley felt herself grow even more fearful at JJs story, John B noticed her body tense and wrapped an arm round the girl.

"God you're so full of shit" John B told the boy

"Dude I swear to god man!" JJ told John B, before noticing his arm round Riley, and Riley's fearful expression
"Wait hold on hold on" he said as the group moved closer to the house.

"You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer man and you've got a cast on!" JJ told the boy.

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer okay! I got nothing to lose! Right? So are you coming or not?" John B snapped at JJ, before looking down to Riley.