Pogues for life

The pogues stayed in the hospital waiting room desperate for news. A few hours later, a doctor came out and asked to speak to Riley's family. Pope, JJ and kie automatically stood up.

"She's going to be fine, a little tired and exhausted, and she will probably be feeling sick but she's okay to head home"

The pogues let out a sigh of relief each as Riley appeared out from a door, dressed, but looking like a skeleton of herself.

Her skin was pale and almost had a yellowish tinge to it. Her face looked gaunt and hollow and her eyes sunken and dark. She looked so small, her clothes drowning her, and her eyes looked lifeless. She looked so fragile. All JJ wanted to do in that moment when he saw her was take her away from all of this and protect her. But he knew he had lost his right to do that now.

"Riley!" Pope said rushing over to the girl, each pogue with a deadly serious look on their faces, kie with tears in her eyes and pope fully crying.

"Jeez guys who died?" She laughed but the others kept their faces completely straight. JJ tried catching her eye but she avoided it completely.

"Riley why-" kie started

"I'm not talking about it. Let's just go home, wait for John B to get back, and then go and get the gold, then this can all be over" Riley said as she pushed past them all and headed out the hospital.

* * *

Later on in the day The teens sat with their feet dangling into the hot tub, whilst trying to question Riley.

"We just want to know why Riley, help us understand!" Kie said to the girl desperate for answers.

"I said I don't want to talk about it Okay?! Life is shit, everything's shit and I just- I'd had enough alright?!" She snapped silencing kie. "So where's John B? He's pulled a Houdini" she said quickly trying to change the subject.

"Speak of the devil hey!" JJ said looking over his shoulder to see John B walking towards them. Riley could tell something was wrong by the expression on his face as she dragged herself out the hot tub.

"I set up the winch, and everything ready to get the gold!" JJ shouted to John B

"No he did not I did that!" Pope added on. Kie looked as worried as Riley did.

"Hey!" Kie shouted after the boy that was now heading into the house at a fast pace.

"Uh what's that all about?" Pope asked as John B ignored all their shouts and headed into the house.

They all headed in after him and saw him grabbing the gun.

"John B what do you need the gun for?" JJ asked going to grab it from him but John B pushed him over.

"Talk to us!" JJ shouted to the boy who was still yet to speak.

"John B chill!" Kie shouted as she rushed over to help JJ.

Riley would have done this, she wanted to do this, but she knew where she stood with JJ and needed to get rid of all feeling towards him as soon as she could.

"What are you doing!" Kie shouted after him as he marched out the house. Pope tried getting in his way but John B shoved him too. Riley ran over to help.

"John B!" She shouted at the boy as she helped pope up, as kie checked he was okay Riley ran after John B.

"John B what the hell are you doing!" Riley shouted as she ran out the house after her best friend.

As the pogues reached John B, he was sat on JJs motorbike.

"John B what the hell!" Kie shouted at him, finally getting a response.