The airstrip.

The pogues continued driving until they pulled up on the opposite side of the fence separating them and the runway.

"What's the plan?" Kie asked the group as they all piled out the van, JJ grabbing Riley's hand and holding it the whole time. The group ran towards the fence and leaned up against it trying to see through as pope pulled out a pair of binoculars.

"They're loading up the gold!" Pope told the group.

"There's ward!" John B told them, as a silver Land Rover pulled up onto the air strip. Riley watched filled with hate as the man that was slowly ruining all her friends lives climb out with a huge disgusting smirk on his face.

Riley then watched in disbelief as a small blonde climbed out of the vehicle too, and soon realised it was Sarah.

"That bitch!" Riley mumbled in annoyance, thinking they'd been double crossed.

"What?" Kie asked.

"It's Sarah" John B barely whispered.

"She's with him?" JJ said shaking his head, squeezing Riley's hand as she looked out at the air strip in disgust.

Riley's facial expression suddenly changed as she watched the girl be grabbed by her father as she tried to break free from him.

"Wait he's hurting her!" John B said louder than he had spoken before.

"What?" Kie asked in disbelief.

And just like that John B was off and running to go and help the girl he loved.

"Shit!" Riley mumbled realising this could only end badly.

John B ran towards the van, and ignored the shouts of his friends as he started the engine and started towards the airstrip. Riley turned to see the plane had also started it's engine, she held her hands behind her head, trying to work out what to do next as JJ came behind her and grabbed her waist.

"Hey it's gonna be okay!" He told her but his tone was uncertain and Riley began panicking.

And just like that, John B drove straight through the metal fence and started heading towards the jet.

"What the fuck is he doing!" Riley shouted, tears beginning to prick in her eyes as she worried for her best friend, as she knew this was only going to end one way. Because at the end of the day, when did the poor ever overcome the rich? They had money, how were the pogues ever stupid enough to think it could be them to find the gold?

"What the fuck are we even doing here?" Riley yelled at the pogues.

"Riley we can still get the gold-" kie began

"Stop being so naive kie it's over! We need to get John B out of there and come to the realisation that this whole treasure hunt, was stupid. It was stupid. We've been playing a rich mans game. Of course it would never be us to find the gold!"

"But we did find the gold Riley it's right there we just need to-" pope tried

"No" she cut him off. "Don't get me wrong guys, I'd fucking love to be rich. But some things aren't worth dying for and money is definitely one of them. That's a kooks way of thinking and we are definitely not kooks" she told the group and JJ nodded in agreeance.

"Pogues for life yeah?" She asked the group and they all nodded and smiled at the girl "now how the fuck do we stop John B?" She asked them all looking at them for ideas as the van they had all been in only half an hour earlier was heading towards a private jet that was also driving down the airstrip.

They all turned towards the face and watched on helplessly as the Van almost began racing the jet. They all carried on watching in complete fear as John B parked sideways across the run way and the plane headed straight for it. Riley went to run out, but JJ grabbed her by the waist, she tried kicking herself free but he held onto her tight. She buried her face into JJs shoulder as the others watched open mouthed as the plan screeched to a stop just in time before it hit John B.

The group let out a sigh of relief, unable to believe that he had actually done it. They carried on watching as John B jumped out the van and squared up to ward.

"What the fuck is he doing, just grab Sarah and go!" Riley scratched the back of her neck anxiously. JJ didn't say anything but just held her.

The pogues watched as John B embraced Sarah before the familiar sound of sirens began.

"Guys I can't get arrested!" Pope told them urgently.

"I'm on probation" JJ agreed with pope.

"What? You're just gonna leave?" Riley asked them all, looking between each of them in disbelief.

"Ry we're no good to anyone if we're all in jail!" Kie pleaded with the girl.

The three took off running but Riley stayed, torn between staying and going.

"Guys wait!" She shouted after her friends they all turned to look at her.

"I'm gonna go help out John B. You guys don't have to come but- but I'm going" she told them gaining confidence in her words as she went on.

"Are you crazy? Ry! You'll get arrested! Come on!" JJ said turning to grab her hand but Riley pulled it back.

"He needs help right now. And I get why you guys can't come. But I can. I have nothing to lose! Okay? I have to do this!" She told them all, but mainly JJ, as he looked at her pleadingly. But deep down he knew that once she had set her mind on something, she was most likely going to do it.

"Riley listen to me okay? John B can handle this! Did you not see the stunt he just pulled?" Pope asked the girl.

"I saw, and I also don't know what I would have done if something had happened and I hadn't at least tried to stop him okay? I'm going, that's it!" She told them all raising her voice slightly now. Kie nodded at her and managed a small smile.

Pope grabbed the girl and pulled her into a hug.

"Be careful okay?" He told her sternly.

"Aren't I always?" She smirked at the boy.

JJ suddenly grabbed the girls face between his hands and kissed her, then pulled her into a tight hug.

"Woah bit of PDA there" she tried joking before she saw the serious look in his eyes.

"Don't do anything dumb Riley. I mean it." He told her a serious look in his eye.

"I won't" she shrugged. And with a smile at them all, she began running as fast as she could. When she was almost out of sight JJ shouted after her

"Riley wait!" He began to run after her but pope grabbed him.

"What are you doing? You're on probation?" He asked the boy managing to hold him back with a bit of help from kie.

"I just- I just needed to tell her that- that I love her" JJ said simply, giving in to popes hold.