I love you Riley

*trigger warning- self harm and reference to suicidal thoughts*

"Guys please, this is not a good idea"
Riley pleaded with the two boys, as JJ pulled a bandana over his face.

"This is war ry. They hit us, we hit back" JJ told the girl.

"Do it pope" he encouraged, and with that pope jumped into the water and swam towards the expensive looking boat that Riley recognised as Toppers. he hopped on board and tampered with something then swam back to heywards boat.

"You did it! You actually did it! I'm so proud of you right now!" JJ congratulated the boy as Pope held up the plug to Toppers boat, the three pogues looked on as toppers boat sank in the water.

"Give me that" JJ said gesturing to the plug in Popes hang, and JJ flung it into the water in the distance.

"Guys. You can't tell anyone about this" pope said looking at the two in front of him. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Yeah no totally dude!" JJ said

"No I'm serious dude not John B not kie not anyone. You Too Riley" he looked at the girl pleadingly. She rolled her eyes again.

"Fine. But that doesn't mean I agree with what y'all did." She turned and went to sit back down on the boat.

"Yeah my lips are sealed" JJ promised "alright let's get out of here!" He said to the two, and with that, the pogues left figure eight and headed back towards the cut.

Pope steered the boat back as JJ went to sit next to Riley.

"Does it hurt?" JJ asked the girl, referring to her injuries.

"A little. But I'm all good" she told the boy, lying slightly.

"And the other thing? Does that hurt?" He asked awkwardly avoiding her eyes.

Riley ignored his question and starred down at the floor.

"Ry talk to me" he pleaded suddenly looking at the girl but she continued to stare at the floor.

"There's nothing to discuss JJ" and with that she stood up and went to stand next to pope as he steered the boat.

* * *

The three pogues arrived back at the cut, and headed straight to John Bs. when they got there there was a note on the fridge.

"Me and kie gone surfing. Join us when you're back , JB"

So with that, the three teens grabbed their surf boards from out the back of John Bs and headed down to the beach where they saw John B and Kie sat chatting on their boards.

"Hey save some waves for us!" JJ shouted at the pair as the three pogues ran to join their friends in the water.

The pogues surfed for what must have been 2 hours straight before the sun started to set and the air dropped colder.

"Hey I'm heading in, I'm froze." Riley shouted to the group.

"Yeah I'm gonna head in Too" JJ told them.

"Alright, we staying out for another half hour?" John B asked kie and pope and they nodded in agreement.

Riley and JJ headed back to the chateau in silence and when they got in, Riley was the first to speak.

"Hey I'm gonna go take a warm shower" she told JJ, still without making eye contact.

"Let me just use the toilet real quick" he told the girl without giving her time to answer.

Riley sat on the sofa waiting for JJ to come out and eventually he did.

Without saying a word she walked into the bathroom, stripped her wet bikini off  and stood in front of the mirror. She reached for the cabinet and looked for the razor.