The cats ass

Major trigger warning for this chapter- suicide- I really recommend you skip this chapter if you're not feeling your best or if this kind of stuff triggers you. I'll leave a chapter summery at the end.

Riley burst through the door of the house that was now slowly rotting. It smelt of damp, and she could see mould growing from the ceiling. She slowly stepped forward further into the house, her eyes blank and her face expressionless. She sank into the sofa that wad covered in dust snd stared at the plain wall in front of her.

she finally broke down. she shouted out as tears began streaming from her face. she struggled to keep her breathing steady as she punched the sofa and screamed, as she let out all the pain she had felt for long. her heart was shattered but she was grateful. her reason to stay was no longer her reason and she wasn't his.

She was finally ready.

Meanwhile the pogues sat around wondering what to do.

"You think they've gone back to JJs?" kie asked the group.

"There's about a zero percent chance they went there" pope told them all, trying to put their minds at ease as they all knew what would happen if they had gone there. They tried to push the conversation to one side and began planning how to sell the gold.

Pope finished telling them his plan, or going to get the rest of the gold the following morning, all the pogues agreed until Sarah spoke up.

"What about that thing with my dad?" She asked awkwardly looking at John B

"Shit" John B mumbled.

"What thing?" Pope asked

"I have to go fishing with ward" John B smiles at the others

"You're going to pie off 400 mil to kill fish?" Kie asked Sarcastically

"Make something up!" Pope told the boy, a little frustrated at him

"I have to okay?" John B told them "he saved me alright? And if it weren't for him, I'd be in foster care"

"Plus it will be better to do it at night" John B added on.

"Fine go fishing" pope rolled his eyes

"And at least JJ and Ry might have washed up by then" kie agreed.

* * *

The two were far from washing up. Riley had managed to drink through a whole bottle of vodka, as she sat drunk and high in the empty bath of her old house, silent tears streaming down her cheeks as she contemplated her next choice. She knew the easy thing. The easy thing would be to leave this all behind, to forget it all, and do what she had wanted for years. The other option was harder, and was to go back to her friends and finally finish this. But she just didn't think she was strong enough.

Meanwhile JJ tried to convince his dad to spend the money the right way, but his dad wouldn't, leading to a fight between the two, a fight JJ ended up winning, almost killing his dad in the process. The pair were so dysfunctional, so broken, and so imperfect that it made them perfect for each other.

* * *

That night, John B and Sarah headed back to Tannyhill, whilst pope and Kie headed back to John Bs to begin planning the retrieval of the gold the following night. The two suddenly heard a whirling noise, and fairly lights lit up around the house.

"What the hell?" Pope asked look towards kie, she looked at him with the same confusion as they headed into the yard to find a hot tub, and a drunken JJ sat in it, drinking with a pair of sunglasses on.

"What did you do JJ?" Pope asked him in disbelief.

"I got a jet going straight up my butt right now" JJ grinned drunkenly "y'all should get in immediately, you hear me?" He told them, pouring them a drink.