- Entry #13: Master Nicholas' Mage Staff {Part One of Two} -

Due to technical errors, I could only put up just one of the three pictures I wanted into this chapter. The picture above is Nicholas' Mage Staff. More information about that is in the chapter. And since I know you guys like me putting in art, I'll try to get the other two pictures I couldn't get in this chapter for next one. Hopefully Wattpad starts working for once that is! Pictures are just bugged for me, anyone else encountering this problem?

Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

— Entry #13 - June ? - ? -

You know, life can sometimes be kinda funny. Not everything is meant to make sense or have any type of meaning. But it can have a justification and/or purpose.

I've noticed something. Something that I hadn't taken the time to notice before.

When I woke up, I noticed a tattoo on the upper part of the side of my arm. It wasn't big, but nor was it small. I guess I never noticed it before because it was always covered up by my clothes and such.

I wonder what it means. It sort of reminds me of tribal tattoos, and since I hail from a Clan, maybe that is what it is. A sort of tribal tattoo that proves where I come from.

But I did tune Ianite out when she was explaining my heritage. Looking back now, that was a dumb decision. And I don't want to have her tell me it again when I should have been listening the first time.

I'm exhausted and my head hurts but I can't fall asleep. I laid restless in bed for about thirty minutes, getting annoyed by Matthew's snoring, so I just grabbed my journal and went downstairs to the living room to write.

There are too many things running around in my head that sleep...it isn't possible for me despite my headache.

And there's a lot to process and consider.

Hugh, I think his name was, I can tell that I have some type of strong bond with him considering how talking to him made me feel. His name clicked almost instantly, that hasn't happened with anyone else, not even Notch or Brice. So Hugh was someone important to me. I wonder what generation Hugh was in the Guardianship.

Trevor and Ray, the other two guardians, their connections weren't as strong as Hugh's or Brice's, but they are there. Their names are familiar, but almost like Anna, they are faded almost.

Memphis, I have almost no recollection of him. He feels like a stranger, but a stranger that I knew. He's familiar, but I'm getting this disconnected feeling from him. This...aura of danger almost...of warning to not trust him. That he isn't what he seems to be. It feels like I had a purpose to be wary of him. But we talked so causally like we were friends.

My father, I didn't see him, but from what Ianite said about him and what I got from my memories. I don't believe I had a good relationship with my father. When I think about him, all I think about is negative emotions and thoughts.

And there was what I said about him. How he hated the thought of passing his Guardian Title, so he trained me to death. Sure, that seems standard. An important position such as that should require a strict training regime. But...it's how I said it...and how Memphis reacted. He seemed uncomfortable and sympathetic.