- Entry #15: The Battle Of Rullus City {Part One of Two} -

As soon as we appeared in the forest outside of Rullus, I immediately went to take a look at the state of the city. James grabbed me, flying up in the air, and once we were above the trees, we saw it.

Rullus up in smoke, the gate closed leaving nothing for us to be able to get inside. It looks bad, really bad. I looked at the others who flew up too, Riley holding Chimney so he can see.

And I can tell that Chimney is visibly upset.

We land back on the ground. Chimney immediately speaking his mind, "This is bad! How did they get in—"

"Chim, you need to calm down," Violet said to him making the prince look at her. She smiles at him. "We will fix this, we—"

"How?!" Chimney shouted before looking at me. "You heard what Mianite said! There is an army in there—"

I nodded. "Yes, yes there is. But we have to get you to your cousin. If human medicine is unable to save him, maybe some healing magic will," I said making his expression shift from worry and anger to shock.

"Healing magic?" He mumbled.

I nodded. "Healing magic saved me when I was on the brink, and it helped Riley when he got hurt. So...it might save Prince Lucilius as well," I respond. Chimney stared at me for a second before I heard him take a deep breath.

He nods at me. "Y-You're right, sorry. I just...this is a lot to take in," he said.

I nodded, putting my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. "I know, it's fine. But I promise you, we won't let Rullus fall. We will help you reclaim the city," I promised him.

Phil stepped towards us. "After all, you have the Elites on your side. We aren't called the most powerful wizards in Vienna for no reason, Chim," he said making me smile.

I removed my hand from his shoulder. "This is your city, Chimney, this is your home. So, you make the calls here, what do you want us to do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After sunset, we moved. Chimney wanted to see his cousin, so we decided to try to break into the palace undetected. To at least get a grasp of the situation. And if the palace is overrun, well, then we would have to fight. Overall, the goal is to save Prince Lucilius and as many of the people as we can. The ultimate hope is to reclaim the city, which we have to do.

"Matt, wait," I told him as he tried to grab me so he can fly me over the wall.

"Yeah?"

I looked at him. "Are you sure you can fly me over? The last time I was flying with you, you dropped me," I said.

He nods. "Well, to be fair, we were being attacked by a big dragon at the time," he said. Fair point, but I'm still skeptical.

"You aren't going to drop me again, are you?" I asked him.

He shakes his head. "No! No, I won't! I promise!" He exclaimed. I stared at him for a minute before I just nodded and decided to trust him again. Matthew means well, I know that.

"Alright, let's do this," I said before he flies up, putting his arms under mine and taking me up with him. Riley carrying Kala and Reed carrying Chimney, we flew over the wall, landing in an alley.

Riley went to the entrance, crouching down and putting his hand on the ground. I go behind him, followed by the others as I hear Riley mumble under his breath.

After a moment, he speaks, "I'm counting about 46 hostiles near us. But I'm not sensing any inside the castle nor the palace courtyard. Only humans are inside the castle and courtyard."