-Entry #22: Nicholas' Lair {Part One of Two}-

This city is a lot bigger than it seems, I mean yeah, it is big since it is five districts. But the districts are like little cities of their own, the people generally stay the same but the culture and lifestyles are almost completely different. For instance, walking through the Residential District has opened my eyes to how bad things really are here, there are a lot of makeshift shelters and just people living on the streets and pickpocketers as well, I've had to stop a kid from stealing a coin purse from Chimney. For people to resort to pickpocketing, things have to be bad.

"Keep a better eye on your things, the Resident and Merchant Districts are known pickpocket grounds," Shiro told the both of us as I hand Chimney back his coins.

"Yeah, should have told us sooner," the prince said securing the bag better to him.

"No city is perfect," I said making the other two agree. And it is true, there is no such thing as a perfect city, there will always be crime no matter how good it is. There will always be imperfect in the perfect. But there is always a chance to improve and/or change and there will be a lot of changes happening real soon.

"Have any ideas where they might be?" Chimney asked.

Shiro nods. "Yeah, James said about a Smithery. Perhaps the same one he requested to fix your sword, Seto."

"Ahh, okay," I said. Well, at least I'll be able to thank the people who fixed my sword properly now.

It didn't take very long to find said smithery, it was an open building with an anvil, tools, and a forge that is burning as well as other items and such for blacksmithing. I don't know what most of this stuff is, I'm not a blacksmith. It looked like armour, weapons, and other stuff for smithing. But people are working, crafting tools or weapons, the workmanship on the finished products is impressive, that is probably why they were able to fix my sword so well.

Shiro walked up to a man at the anvil, pounding at an orange and glowing sword. "Hey, need to talk to you."

"Kinda busy—"

"Yeah, well, I'll need to ask you a question," Shiro said. The man strikes down on the metal a few more times before handing it off to someone else to work on and faces us.

"Alright, fine, what do you want...Elite?" The man asked.

I saw the corner of Shiro's mouth curved up, an expression on his face that I couldn't read which wasn't new...Shiro is just hard to read in general. "Know anyone by the name of Tiffany Garcia?"

The man stared at Shiro, stepping towards him, looking at him up and down as he took off his gloves. "Who's asking?"

"Seto Azdel," Shiro answered making the man's eyes widen slightly.

"Follow me," he said before turning away. We followed him inside the building, going around armour stands and chests either overflown or stacked with stuff on top and reaching a hatch in the flooring. I watch the man open said hatch, revealing a staircase that goes down. "Go down."

So we did, but the hatch was closed and locked behind us shutting us in darkness. I heard Chimney let out a shaky breath. "Well...this is creepy."

"No kidding," I commented. I hold my hand up, an orb of light forming a few inches above, hovering over my palm and lighting up the area around us. "Let's go."

We walked, pushing forward through the narrow darkness of the hallway, and what's worse is it isn't straight. We found this out when Shiro walked straight into a wall since the light I made doesn't reach that far and he hit it before he saw it. After a few turns, we reached a dead end.

"Are we going to be killed here?" Chimney asked which both Shiro and I ignore his question. I tried to look over Shiro's shoulder to see ahead since I'm behind him and Chimney is behind me, but that doesn't accomplish much since he is taller than me even on my tippy toes.