- Entry #18: Catherine Speir -

A lot of things happened at once after Ashley's realization I was alive and real.

She looked angry all of a sudden, Bodil yanked Kyle off me right before Ashley smack me hard across the face that Bodil must have foreseen.

"AH!" I yelped in pain as I stumbled into the wall from the slap. My cheek stinging and probably has a red handprint on it. Kala quickly got between Ashley and I, growling and snarling at her when she tried to get close to me making her stop.

"Ash!" Brice shouted as he quickly gets up and goes between Ashley and I, holding onto her arms so she doesn't hit me again. "Wait! You need to hear me out--"

"You've been alive this whole time?! What the hell?!" Ashley shouted at me making me flinch in response.

"ASHLEY!" Brice screamed getting her attention. Ashley looked at the prince. "He woke up with no memory of who he is or where he came from. He didn't know who I was or any of us. That's why he hasn't shown up until now." I mean...there aren't whole truths in that, but I didn't tell Brice everything just yet. So I'll just keep my mouth shut and let him handle this.

"W-Who are you?" I asked feigning ignorance.

I saw Ashley's eyes soften at me, her anger disappearing before she lets out a breath. "Okay, maybe I overreacted," she said.

"Ya think?!" I retorted back at her.

She crossed her arms. "Oh grow up, Harvey. All I did was lightly smack you," she said back to me. Lightly?! I feel like she would have knocked the teeth out with that hard hit! But before I could argue, Kyle came back to me after wrestling out of Bodil's grip.

He went back to hugging my waist. I looked down at him and back at Brice. I pointed at the child. "Is this..."

He smiled. "Kyle," he said.

"Ahh, gotcha," I said.

"So you really don't remember anything?" Bodil asked me and I was caught off guard by his thick accent for a moment.

I shake my head. "No--Well, that's not true. Some bits and pieces have come back but nothing that consolidates a proper timeline. And...I didn't come back to be a part of your resistance, not yet at least. I came back because Brice needed me," I said looking back at the prince.

Brice turned to me. "So you really aren't staying?" he asked me.

I shake my head. "I'm sorry, but I can't," I said before Ashley cut in.

"Oh really? What's more important than your friends?" she snapped at me.

I hesitated, not knowing what to say exactly. "Nothing...but I have friends who have been helping me figure out who I am and they need me," I said before she stepped towards me.

"Yeah, but we need you more! Harvey, you joining us would change the course of this war in our favor!" she snapped before motioning to Brice. "Especially since this one right here wants to surrender and give up."

I shake my head. "He's not giving up," I told her making Brice look at me with this sadden look in his eyes. My eyes soften at him. "You're not, you can't. I may not remember Estir and Solace anymore, but you cannot give up on your home, Brice. You have to stand up and fight back."

"With what? How?" he asked me.

I smile a bit. "What if I got the wizards to start aiding you?"

There was a silence between all of them, in which Bodil broke after a few moments. "The wizards are strong, they would help tremendously. We would be able to push the warline back," he said.