-Entry #22: The Councilmen {Part Two of Two}-

-- Entry #22 - August 5th -- Thursday --

When Tiffany said that this place was huge, she was not joking. Sure I've discovered all the corners and dead ends, but this place is a lot bigger than I thought it was.

Due to her sparking a rebellion, she is forced to live here for her protection. She operates out of this place with ease since multiple exits exist and all of them are concealed. Apparently, the Magic Council has no idea that this place in general even exists, which I find hilarious given how big this place is, someone is bound to find it but no. Tiffany said that Nicholas put some spell on it that conceals it from being discovered.

The only way for people to enter or discover it is if they have the rune on their wrist or if they have an item infused with Nicholas' magic like my staff. Tiffany put a rune on my wrist in case my staff runs out of Nicholas' magic one day, but until then, I can just rely on using the staff for entry. For those who go down the hatch without the rune or an item of Nicholas', they find themselves in a dark maze, unlike the single hallway that Chim, Shiro, and I were in. The maze has no end meaning they are trapped. It's a safety precaution that Nicholas put in place for the people who are in his lair.

So instead of being in Inns and such, we are all going to be moving down here with our horses hidden in the Smithery that conceals the entrance. While waiting for the others to get here, I have written down my thoughts on how I can talk to the councilmen, maybe convince them to leave their seats and instill a new government. But according to the others, they doubt my ability to convince them given how greedy the councilmen are.

Well, I don't give up easily, but I want to avoid violence at all costs when handling this since people are more likely to respect and follow you when there isn't bloodshed. But I am willing to go that far if need be. I just hope that it doesn't come to that. I don't want there to be some type of rebellion.

Dianite's warning is stuck in my head, it is something that I'm definitely keeping to myself since there is no way that I'm going to tell the others that there is a chance that the Fyre Brothers will kill me, no...that's not something they need on their shoulders. I'll keep a closer eye on the three of them though, make sure they don't fall to temptation or become corrupted as Merlin did.

There are a lot of historical objects and documents here, stuff that is from Nicholas' era that is quite interesting to read and look at. I say Nicholas's era but I'm was alive when Nicholas was. At least I get to know some of what he was like from the writings he left behind or other things. But It's strange how different things were like back then here in Vienna compared to now. A lot of things have changed, but compared to how Vienna was and to how it is now, things have gotten sort of better for it. They just need some extra guidance is all.

And I'm prepared for the guidance to be hard to do.

"Seto," a voice said breaking me out of my thoughts and look towards the kitchen, Chimney stood there next to the doorway. "They're back."

I closed my journal, holding it as I followed Chimney to the next room, the living room, and seeing the others have finally made it here. But I also saw Jacob, I pointed at him as I looked at the others. "What is he doing here?"

Tiffany crossed her arms. "Funny, I was just asking that," she said.

Phil stepped towards me. "He can be trusted--"

I looked at Phil. "Can we? Because I don't."

"Seto, he's a Fyre Alumni," Matt said.

"Seto?" Jacob questioned making me glance at the Aeari. That's right, I told him that my name was Harvey not Seto since I didn't entirely trust the man and I still don't.