- Entry #5: Arcane Magic -

I woke up feeling groggy. I felt really tired and have a headache. I pull my covers over my head to block out the sunlight creepin' through the windows as I try to go back to sleep to rest my achy head. But when I pull on the covers, there was resistance accompanied by something furry. Something furry...

"Did you already forget I am here?" a voice said in my head making me flinch at it. I sat up seeing Kala laying on her side beside me on my bed.

I sigh softly and touch my head. "Sorry...I...Wait..." I mumbled before looking at her. She just spoke to me and I'm replying to her. Then it came back to me as quickly as the confusion took over me. That's right, the binding ritual that Vi and Phil did on me, I totally forgot about that. I saw her tail wag a bit as she got up and licked my cheek.

"It's alright, this was weird for me as well at first. But it is sort of cool! Though you are a big jumbled mess of complex emotions, Seto. That might be the amnesia's fault." she said to me in my head again. This is gonna take getting used to.

I stared at her. She could tell all that about me? "H-How did you know I have amnesia?" I asked her.

"Rowan told me about it," she said again as her tail wagged at me.

I nodded a bit, understanding. Well, I have a lot more than just amnesia, I have just...confusion on every angle and feeling lost at every turn. Kala licked my face again and my eyes looked at her. I cracked a small smile, rubbing her head. "Thanks..." I mumbled.

"No problem, I know it is probably pointless to say to look at the bright side of things for you, but getting a dog is a good start," she said to me.

I nod a bit, agreeing with her. Dogs are a man's best friend, so they should help me feel better about my situation. Though, I don't know how much Kala will be able to help with my situation and the way that it is.

"Yeah...I may not be the most optimistic person you know, but I know you are gonna help a lot even if you don't know it, Kala," I told her. She licked my arm. I should probably get out of bed to let the others know I'm awake and to figure out how long I was asleep. "Do you know how long I was out for?"

"You slept through the night, so it is already the next day," she said.

I sighed, irritated at that. I know this time was willingly but I'm getting tired of blacking out. I get out of bed, slipping on my boots and going over to my desk, noticing that Kala stayed laying on the bed. I pulled out my journal and opened it up. I do have a lot to write about and might as well get that down right now before I forget any of it.

-- Entry #5: May 26th - Friday --

Having a familiar is gonna be weird and different. But in my case, I think it is something I need.

Kala is what Rowan described as a type of shepherd, don't really know what else that breed of dog entails but she seems capable of a lot.

The only real new thing is about Kala, but I did find out more about the Fyre Brothers' athar powers from Phil.

So what is apparently called 'creative mode' is the flying while using no magical energy and their ability to create anything from thin air. That is what people call creative mode. I guess the name makes sense because they are building things and that takes creativity.

Another thing is this 'spawning' of items as they call it. This world seems to have a lot of strange terms for things. I never would have called creating items out of thin air as spawning but that's what it is apparently called.