[01] I DON'T LIKE BIRTHDAY PARTIES

(SPOILER ALERT! This story takes place during Season 2, and onward of the anime series! Though situations from before that, or things that didn't happen in canon, can be mentioned as well —the only exception is this part, since it takes place in Season 1's last chapter.)

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

"WE HAVE TO ask her to help us!" said the kid with light-blue hair and red tape in his wrists, pointing a finger at the boring and average, [Y/N]. "I saw Toritsuka talking to her yesterday, and they were talking about Saiki! They must be friends!"

She's not my friend. I don't even like her.

She hates coffee. And coffee jelly.

The 'friend group' of six stared at her while she ate an apple during break time. They were planning a surprise party for their friend, Saiki Kusuo, and one of the surprises was a video birthday card; where they collected recordings of Saiki's acquaintances wishing him a happy birthday.

Thing is... Saiki doesn't have too many of them. So Mera Chisato and Kuboyasu Aren —the individuals in charge of the assignment—, were struggling to find people willing to congratulate Saiki for his birthday. They had only convinced four people for now. And they were looking for one more.

"How do we know she is a friend of his?" asked Teruhashi, the perfect pretty girl, with a little jealousy spreading through her thoughts. "She might be Toritsuka's girlfriend for all we know. He might not like that his girlfriend is congratulating Saiki."

Do you really think he can manage to have a girlfriend of his own? Good grief, these people are dumber than I thought.

Watching from the distance, or listening really, was Saiki Kusuo, the supposed birthday boy. He had just found out the reason why his annoying classmates were following around all day long. Because of his soon-to-be birthday.

Tomorrow.

Frowning, he had been listening to the past conversation, thinking of a way to stop the madness of the plan those people were designing. Why? Because his birthday was in August, and they were currently in May.

Sigh, I guess they are very dumb after all.

But his classmates didn't even stop to think about that for a second, they were too invested in the planning, thinking of gifts and surprises that they hadn't realized the birthday wasn't Saiki Kusuo's, it was Saiki Kuniharu's instead. Their friend's father.

You can blame Kaidou for getting it wrong in the first place.

"Don't worry you guys!" said Hairo, the obnoxious class president. "I'll take one for the team and go ask her to help us! Teamwork is very important in this school, I'm sure she'll agree."