[02] I DON'T LIKE CHRISTMAS

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

ONE WEEK AFTER Saiki's birthday, [Y/N]'s boring and monotonous life started to change—

Stop calling it 'boring,' I like my life. Yay, my life!

You don't fool anyone, darling.

[Y/N]'s life took a different turn. She had friends now. Well, at least more than the ones she had before —because sometimes Reita counted as more than one, as, for some reason, he changed his personality from time to time.

It was probably because of the spirits that possessed him. Though [Y/N] never believed in that stuff in the first place, thus considered Toritsuka had an unusual nature that explained his sudden changes.

Anyway, talking about friends, as she arrived at school, she encountered Nendou and Kaidou. Both were almost entering the building when they saw her.

"Hey [L/N], did you forget how to get to school too?" asked Nendou, walking beside her. "I mean, it's been a year since we've come here."

She glanced at him bewildered, thinking how could he ignore they were there just a week before. However, [Y/N] remembered that Nendou had brought a literal watermelon to Saiki's birthday. Therefore now, nothing he said could surprise her anymore.

"Yeah... I kinda had a rough time trying to come here as well," she said, attempting not to embarrass him even further. Nendou nodded and continued walking.

Stop it, [L/N]! He'll become more stupid than ever!

Saiki, on the other hand, was trying not to gather attention towards him. He knew that once his 'friends' realized he was there, they would run where Saiki was and start annoying him.

As always, to be honest.

"I agree that this isn't the usual morning," said Kaidou, narrowing his eyes while staring at his duct-taped hands. "I've felt a presence this entire time. It must be a foreshadowing of Ragnarok."

[Y/N] cringed in her mind. Sometimes Kaidou's imagination made her realize how weird he was. She esteemed him, yet she believed he was someone who had too much creativity for their own mental health.

You never had a dull moment around Shun since he usually had something incredibly witty to say. Even if most of the time, he made no sense at all.

Between Kaidou and Nendou, I don't know who has more brain cells. Maybe they also share one!

God, what a weird pair of friends I have, huh.

It's not like you are the most clever person either, [L/N].

Followed by Aren —who emerged out of nowhere—, the two other boys, and after overhearing Hairo's screams, [Y/N] reached the school. Nevertheless, before walking into the hallway, a radiant yellow light blinded her. The whole group stood still and then heard hundreds of gasps, accompanied by a couple of exclamations.