[10] I DON'T LIKE READING MINDS

A/N: This chapter is... weird, to say the least. For some reason, it feels like an anime filler episode, but that also adds A LOT to the plot. Lmao, sorry.

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

"I CARE ABOUT you, too."

... What a dangerous thing to say to a hopeless-in-love girl. Saiki knew how powerful those words were, but he still spoke them. Almost like he didn't care about the outcome. He just needed to get them out of his chest.

Kusuo knew the consequences they might have, though. And he hated knowing.

Saiki resented that only by glancing at [Y/N]'s eyes, just by paying close attention, he identified what he could say to make her cry, laugh, or even die. It was all his psychic powers' fault.

So after watching her reaction to his statement, Kusuo concluded: he couldn't be beside [Y/N] if he could read her mind. Again, he knew exactly how she was reacting even before she did. An average and normal person wouldn't know that, right?

Yeah, an average person would be too nervous about the other's reaction to actually say them. But of course, Saiki Kusuo is not normal. The power he holds is much bigger than that.

However, maybe he could be. After all, he had a ring that prevented his powers from showing up... and that was exactly what he craved.

If he wanted to win [L/N] [Y/N], he needed to stop reading her mind —because unless it felt like cheating his way to her heart; in a horrible and creepy way. Saiki could easily choose his words carefully and make [Y/N] do whatever he wants. It was pretty scary, but he hadn't noticed that until a few moments ago, after seeing the ex-boring girl's expected reaction.

Saiki Kusuo reached a final decision. Starting tomorrow, he'll begin using his Germanium ring when he's around [Y/N] to stop his powers. He won't be able to read her mind nor know how she's going to react. Perfect plan.

If Saiki managed to be happy around [Y/N] by executing his plan, things in his disastrous life could get better.

Seeing her smile, or laugh, or sigh, or just anything, because of something he said... would be worth it at the end. Why need powers when he had something else?

I just need—

Good grief... When did I start thinking stupid sappy things like that? You're killing me [L/N].

Well, well, well, how the turn tables... A few months ago, you hated [Y/N] but now you want to be her boyfriend! Talk about a fake enemies to lovers trope, huh.

I never said I wanted to be [L/N]'s boyfriend. I just want to be beside her.

I don't see the difference. A stupid little title is not going to change your feelings.