[09] I DON'T LIKE BUTTERFLIES

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I LOVED IT MYSELF!!!!!

· ────────── ·

· ────────── ·

THURSDAY ARRIVED QUITE fast. Almost like classes ended just as quickly as they had started... Weirdly enough. Maybe someone is messing with the timeline.

It's obviously you.

No shit, Sherlock. Of course, it's me! I have to be careful though, I don't want the TVA to come and find me.

Not that I really am a person with bones that they can actually destroy, to be completely honest.

These pop-culture references are getting way out of hand. What if people don't understand them?

I'm sure they will, Saiki. They have good taste, after all.

Kusuo was already walking throughout the halls, waiting for [Y/N] to magically appear. She always seemed to do that; emerge out of nowhere. So it was a matter of time before they met.

[Y/N] had her head over the clouds, not paying too much attention to her surroundings. A few students walked past her, crashing with her figure, but not apologizing after. However, she didn't realize nor complained. Her thoughts wandered too far away for her to do it.

Saiki watched her without being noticed, still marching to where she was. His sight inspected every move she made while he managed to catch some of her thoughts. It seemed that [Y/N] was nervous about an exam she had the next week, and she understood nothing about the subject. Therefore, she was thinking about asking a classmate to tutor her. But it couldn't be Toritsuka. He sucked at whatever school-related.

Saiki had yet to ask her to take him buying the coffee jelly, as he was waiting for the perfect opportunity to appear. Nevertheless, [Y/N] still thought about her invitation, embarrassed that she even asked in the first place, but nothing about that seemed reasonable. Or realistic enough for it to actually happen.

He saw how [Y/N]'s cheeks redden once their eyes met, and he chuckled inside. The so-called 'unwanted emotions' made a big entrance inside his stomach, and Kusuo wondered if those were what people described as "butterflies."

At least he has done his research lately.

It's common knowledge.

It took you some time to figure it out, though.

"Saiki, hi! It's been a while," [Y/N] said once she arrived by his side, a big smile spread on her face. "Well, since yesterday, but it's good to see you today, too... I mean, it's not like I-I missed you or anything. It's only been a day. Twenty-four hours, so it's not a lot, haha... Yeah... I'm going to shut up now. A-anyway, how are you?"