Sunshine, You Were My Sunshine

Kiibo stared at the dirt patch where he had buried Miu, crappy handmade flowers on top. It was a crude resting place. He rubbed his face to get rid of any fallen tears. Miu deserved better, she deserved so much better, but this is all he could do for her. Kiibo shakily sighed as he sat down next to the grave. He subconsciously went to grab Miu's hand but then he realized he couldn't. Miu was dead and he'd never get to hold her hand again. Kiibo gasped as tears ran down his face. He looked down to his hand. Just this morning she had put her hand in his, she had called him a 'stupid toaster' and then laughed when he reacted. He always acted like the words hurt but they didn't, not when they were from Miu. He could tell she didn't mean them rudely, her tone was always far to playful for that. Without her what would he do? Most of his time was usually spent with her. He had imagined them escaping together, hand in hand. But now, Kiibo shakily sobbed, now he'd never get to hold her hand again, let alone escape with her. He held himself, trying to think of anything he could do. He looked up at the school. Miu had found a be thing hadn't she? She'd been working on it. She didn't tell him much, only that it was a virtual reality machine and that it might help her stop the killing game. She hadn't been sure though. Kiibo stood up and looked down at her grave, the only grave any of them had gotten. He steeled his nerves, he needed to know what the vr was.

__________________

Kiibo stared ahead of him... at Miu, or at least this creation of hers. She stared back, much shorter, round head, extremely cartoonish, but she looked back.

"Hey Kiibabes, if your looking at this then I assume you're you, I didn't tell anyone else how to use it."

She stared ahead, almost as if she was looking through him, and he cried.

"So if I'm dead, I have something I need to ask of you. Make it out of here Kiibo, please. And if you can, take Kokichi, Gonta, and Tenko with you too. They're like my siblings Kiibo, please help them. Remember to help yourself first though."

Miu smiled. He didn't know, he couldn't see through his tears.

"Kiibo, you should always be your number one priority. Those voices you hear? Ignore them. Kiibo, you are you, and no matter what those voices say, that is enough."

Kiibo sobbed. He rubbed his eyes roughly, trying to stop.

"You've always been enough, and you always will be. So be you, you can win this, I believe in you."

Kiibo reached out to hug her, to hold her hand, just to know that she was really there, but the vr glitched and he instead stared at the darkness inside the vr headset.

________________

Kaede took a shaky breath. Staring at the singular message from Tsumugi.

❤️💙❤️💙Reinds💙❤️💙❤️

—Reinds: I'm sorry. Reset.

Her hands shook as she typed out her message.

—Girlf: what
—Girlf: Tsumugi?
—Girlf: Tsumugi please answer me.

Kaede found herself standing abruptly. Stumbling past Monokuma. She pushed him a bit and he grumbled. Reset. Tsumugi wanted her to reset? She turned around to face Monokuma. Before she could even say anything he murmured, "I don't know anything alright? Also, don't push me, it's hard lookin this good." Kaede turned back around and headed tothe reset room, which for some reason was in a random third floor classroom. She didn't bother being sneaky as she used the exit in the girls bathroom. She'd be damned if she reset too late and Tsumugi had gotten pulled from the program. She didn't know if the system could survive resetting this many memories. She listed off the survivors in her head. Kokichi, Shuichi, Gonta, Ryoma, Kaito, Kiibo, Korekiyo. That was double the amount and one extra of max survivors they had before. She ran faster. Damn the consequences of restarting with this many people. She didn't care, she wouldn't loose Tsumugi again. She couldn't, she had fought so hard to be here hadn't she? Gone against everything she once believed in. Would all that really be for nothing. She barely paid attention as she climbed her first staircase, which in retrospect is probably why she bumped into someone. She only stumbled for a second before she was running again. She didn't care who she ran into, she didn't care if they saw her. She heard someone yell her name but she still didn't care. She had to get in that room, she had to reset. She heard footsteps but she couldn't tell if they were hers or someone else's. It didn't matter. She burst into the room and immediately ran up to the desk that they had picked together. She flipped the switch underneath it and the control panel popped up. One word stared infront of her. Reset? She pressed it.