Please Dont Take My Sunshine Away

_____________________
Class trial in session!
_____________________

They all stood at their respective podiums. One less than the last time they were in this room. Shuichi sighed. another death, another trial, another execution. How many times would they repeat this? "Okay, where do we start?" He asked anyone willing to answer. "We should probably start with the cause of death." Kiibo suggested. "We all agree it was the blade Kokichi had hidden?" Korekiyo asked. "Nyeh.. that obviously means it's him!" Himiko accused. "Yeah I bet the brat got off on murdering her!" Screamed Miu. "It's not Kokichi," stated Ryoma. "It could be! All of us are suspects because none of us have alibis !"

Truth bullet: Ryoma's account

"NO THAT'S WRONG! Kokichi, Ryoma, and Gonta all had alibis!" "Oh so I made a mistake, how rare." Miu looked dejected. "Aww it's okay Miu it's not that rare! In fact your entire existence is a mistake!" Kokichi practically cheered. "You two shut up, we don't have time for this. Back to the murder weapon. It was just a knife right?" Ryoma suddenly took the lead. Shuichi nodded. "Then any of us could have taken it, Kirumi would have probably noticed a knife going missing so that may be why she was the victim." Kokichi spoke up next. "Yeah Kirumom took really good care of the food eaty things!" "Gonta confused, what is 'food eaty things'?" "The brat means the forks and knives and shit!" Miu yelled obnoxiously, but everything about her was obnoxious really. "Nyeh.. so whoever killed Kirumi took the knife from the kitchen?" Himiko mumbled. Shuichi decided to speak up. "That could be it but we can't ignore the possibility that Kirumi took the knife herself." "Oh I forgot to mention something!" Kokichi started, "there wasn't a knife missing from the kitchen!" "How would you know that?!" Kaito yelled. "Well I wash my own dishes y'know! Unlike you slobs! But anyway... there are exactly 16 knives and guess whatttttt! They were all in there after the murder!" "Maybe the killer put it back?" Maki questioned. "Mhm! Atua says this trial will be quick!" "Nopety Nope! None of the knives were moved from where me and Kirumi put them last night! Which means the knife didn't come from there!" "And how do we know this isn't one of your lies?" "Aww TsumTsum I'm offended! My life is on the line too! I don't wanna die yet!" "Alright so the knife may not have come from the kitchen, where else would a knife come from?" Shuichi spoke up. "My lab, I'm the Ultimate Assassin, there's plenty of weapons in my lab." Shuichi nodded to himself. "Did you see anyone around your lab?" Korekiyo asked. "No, I don't believe I did, As far as I'm aware I'm the only one who went in my lab." "Atua says anyone who knew about Maki's talent is a suspect!" "So that means it's Maki, Ryoma, or the brat right?!" "No! All of them have alibis!" Kaito proudly announced "what? I thought only Ryoma, Kokichi, and Gonta had alibis for this case?" Tsumugi sounded concerned. "Ah no, me and Maki Roll are actually each other's alibi, it was embarrassing so I didn't want to say anything." Kaito laughed to himself before continuing, "I had a pretty bad nightmare so I went over to Maki Roll's room to ask if she wanted to hang out. So we spent all night together." Miu screamed, "The fucking Assassin god laid before me!!! EeeeeeEe this is s-so embarrassing!" "What no! We didn't do anything like that! We just played card games and talked!" "Okay so now I think we should discuss the knife in further detail." Maki calmly suggested the idea, Shuichi found himself agreeing. "What about the weapon?" Kiibo asked. "Well it was rather dull, someone would have to be strong to make such a lethal wound correct?" Korekiyo looked at Maki for her answer. "That's right, it would take a lot of force therefore it couldn't be the more.. weaker, of us here." So the weaker people couldn't have done it? Shuichi wasn't sure about everyone's strength but he made a mental list. "Maki who do you think is capable of doing this?" Ryoma asked. "Strength wise? Me, Gonta, Tenko, Kiibo, Ryoma, Kokichi, and Korekiyo." "Woah woah there maki roll I got some questions about your list!" Maki looked very confused as she focused on Kaito. "What about it?" "Well first off why is the gremlin on it, secondly why am I not on it! Thirdly Kiibo? And lastly why Ryoma?" "Well you aren't on it because you wouldn't know where to slice and also because you're getting weaker, I've noticed. For the Kokichi question he doesn't have brute strength such as Gonta but he's capable of finding a way, plus he had the weapon. I don't understand the Kiibo question and Ryoma literally killed multiple people outside the game." Kaito looked sad but just nodded. "So it could be anyone from that list, that's a pain." "I would never kill Kirumi! She wasn't a degenerate at all!" "Actually," Shuichi started, "it couldn't be Maki, Kokichi, Ryoma, or Gonta as they all have alibis" "as far as I'm aware Gonta did leave for a bit bit though. Correct?" Korekiyo basically purred his words, it was weird. "Gonta did leave but Gonta only go to bathroom, then Gonta go help friends like gentlemen!" "Yeah we can trust Gonta." Ryoma stated, "he was gone for too short of a time to commit a murder, clean up, and then come all the way back to my room." "So we're at a standstill?" Tenko asked. "Not quite, I'd like to discuss the way the body was laid out." Shuichi was hoping someone would slip up soon, they needed to figure this out. "Nyeh.. what about the body? It's like any other body right?"

Truth bullet: body is professionally laid out as if in a funeral.

" NO THAT'S WRONG! The killer must have been fairly common with death because the body was almost exactly like those at funerals." "So? Everyone has seen a funeral." Tsumugi pointed out. "That's true, however most of you have no idea how to move the dead without causing bruising plus I believe the killer hesitated." "What does that have to do with the body." "Well there were signs of a struggle and everything else about this case is perfect, the killer had definitely been planning this for awhile so why would there be a struggle? My theory is they hesitated, which means they've probably slipped up somewhere else too" Everyone was quiet after Shuichi's theory. Who could it be? "What do we do now?" Tsumugi asked timidly. Shuichi didn't know. Kaede had carried the last trial. Who was it? He was supposed to be the Ultimate Detective so why couldn't he figure it out. He looked around the room. Most people seemed stressed, a few faces were practically blank, but what Shuichi didn't expect to see was Kokichi looking horrified. "Kokichi?" The small boy flinched but he quickly smiled sinisterly. "What is it my beloved Saihara-Chan?!" "What were you thinking about?" "Lil' old me? I was thinking about how the killer is fucking stupid. They didn't have to kill but they did! And the worst part is they messed up and are going to get themself caught! Nishishishi just announce yourself idiot!" Shuichi froze. What was going on with Kokichi? Is he the murderer? No that can't be right, both Ryoma and Gonta give him an alibi. So does he know who the killer is? If he does, why is it affecting him so much? "Ugh shut up you degenerate! You just throw off the trial!" Tenko yelled, pointing at Kokichi aggressively. "This is such a pain..." Himiko mumbled. Kokichi was still smiling, arms perched behind his head. Shuichi was about to ask Kokichi a question but was interrupted by someone else.

"Please stop this, it was me."

Everyone quickly looked at the source of the voice, Maki Harukawa. "Maki..." Kaito whispered. "I'm sorry Kaito, it was sweet of you to try and protect me, but we both know I couldn't let you all die for me." Shuichi was frozen in place. "Maki I- I didn't lie to protect you." Kaito sounded broken. "What?" "I lied because I- I'm selfish Maki, I wasn't lying because I wanted to prove you were innocent to everyone. I lied because, because I like you Maki and I don't want to lose you.. I lied to protect me." Maki's face was red but she looked horrified. "You-you like me?" "Yeah, I do. That's why I tried to drag out this trail as long as possible but I knew you'd admit it to everyone" they were quiet but the silence was broken by Kiibo. "But why would you kill Kirumi?!" Maki sighed before speaking. "I killed her because she was going to kill someone else, I'm pretty sure Ryoma, and when me and Kaito were alone I realized... I realized I didn't want to live without him. And after you all were so supportive I didn't want any of you to die. I told Kaito I was going to get some fresh air and left the room. But once I was out I heard laughter from Ryoma's room and I realized that- that I've hurt so many people, and here Ryoma was, target on his back, but he was having fun so I- I decided I'd save you all from more suffering. I'm sorry." Maki had a few tears streaking down her face. Kaito looked horrified, well everyone did. Kaito spoke up, "Maki you-" Maki interrupted him, "I didn't want to die. I- I want to ask you out, Kaito. I want to g-go on our first date, hold han-hands. I want to smile at your stupid jokes. I want to fall deeper into love with you. But I can't." Maki smiled sadly while sobbing, "I've hurt too many people Kaito, so I'm going to be selfish, I want you to win this game peacefully Kaito. Win this game and be happy about it." She paused and then turned to Kokichi. "And you, you're a piece of shit. But for the love of all that is good just talk to someone. And stop being an asshole too." She looked at Shuichi next. "And Shuichi? Take care of Kaito okay? He's gonna need his sidekick, I guess you can be sidekick one now. Take care of yourself too Shuichi, you have friends who can help you" Maki closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Geez alright then ITTttSssss VOTinG TImMmMEeeE!! Will you pick the right choice or the dreadfully wrong one!"

After casting their votes a machine popped up 'verdict' displayed across its front. It shuffled through everyone before landing on Maki. Kaito was on the ground, he screamed, and screamed. Shuichi could only pat his back. Kaito was broken and only crumbling more. Shuichi looked up only to meet eyes with Maki. She tried to smile but it looked more like a grimace.

"Wow you got it right again! Alrighty! I've prepared a very special punishment for Maki Harukawa Ultimate Assassin!"